[net.comics] Dolphin

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (02/22/86)

> From:	wjh12!gts

> Who is that girl in the light-blue t-shirt and shorts in Crisis 12,
> travelling with Captain Comet and the rest?  They refer to her as
> "Dolphin", I believe, but *I* don't recognize her... (not that that's a big
> deal or anything.)  Can anyone ***MAIL*** me the answer?

Dolphin has only appeared a few times before CRISIS. Her first appearance
(her only starring one) was in SHOWCASE #79. She later appeared in SHOWCASE
#100, in an extra-long story that included just about every character that
had previously appeared in that comic. She later (*much* later) became one
of the "Forgotten Heroes" in a two-issue story in ACTION COMICS (#552-553)
and two issues of DC COMICS PRESENTS (#77-78). I don't believe that she
appeared anywhere else (except for CRISIS).
	Her origin was never explained, though in SHOWCASE #100, Aquaman
makes a cryptic remark implying that *he* knows her origin (she doesn't
remember anything about her past). In any case, Aquaman said that she was
*not* an Atlantean. Whether this sequence will still be "operative" in
the post-Crisis DC Universe remains to be seen.
	If you want to read up on what is known about her, you can look
for the above comics, as well as WHO'S WHO #7 (Sep 1985) [with a nice
illo by Dave Stevens] and AMAZING HEROES #68 (Apr 1 1985), in which a
"Hero History" of Dolphin appears.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM