[net.comics] Renegade Press

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (02/22/86)

> From:	fluke!moriarty	(Jeff Meyer)

> Other than Flaming Carrot, I have yet to see ANYTHING come out of Renegade
> Press which is worth the spit it took to put it together.

Well, here's *one* area where we definitely disagree! I never really
could get into the Carrot --- it just isn't my style of humor, though
NORMALMAN is. But I'm glad Norm is wrapping up though. I feel that humor
books rarely manage to keep up a steady streak, usually because they
rely on some hook or gimmick that wears thin after a while (especially
parody --- I'm surprised that I haven't gotten bored with either NORMALMAN
or MEGATON MAN yet).
	And despite the occasional down issue, I still think MS. TREE is a
damn good hard-boiled comic.

But in general, I agree with you --- Deni Loubert hasn't really got a whole
lot of editorial (or publishorial) taste.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM