[net.comics] Michael Whelan comics work

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (02/23/86)

> From:	spice.cs.cmu.edu!rgs	(Robert Stockton)

> As a rabid (well... semi-rabid) fan of both comic books and science fiction
> artwork, I was somewhat surprised to learn that Michael Whelan (a noted SF
> artist) spent several months working for Marvel (from Jan to Mar 1975).
> Does anybody know what comic books from that period his work might be in?

Whelan never actually drew any comics for Marvel. He only did some cover
paintings for their black-&-white magazine-sized line. The only ones I've
been able to track down are:

UNKNOWN WORLDS OF SCIENCE FICTION #3  (May 1975)
   (I believe that this was his first professionally published painting)
KULL AND THE BARBARIANS #1  (May 1975)
KULL AND THE BARBARIANS #2  (Jul 1975)
KULL AND THE BARBARIANS #3  (Sep 1975)

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM