[net.comics] Whose doing Bloom County? The Answers!

vc253ah@unmc.UUCP (vc253ah) (03/06/86)

>In article <892@hou2d.UUCP> lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) writes:
>Since Breathed is supposed to be recouperating from his accident,
>who is doing the strip in his name.
>
>The artwork for the last several days has looked different,
>but the strip has carried his signature. Is
>this Breathed's earlier work that we are seeing, or is someone
>else "ghosting" the strip?
>
>Has anyone else noticed slight differences in the strip or is it
>just imagination?

Yes, the comics you see are real Breathed. Since his unfoutunate
accident, the syndicate has been reissuing his older strips. He
is reported doing fine and should be back in action soon. An amusing
story about Mr. Breathed. Since he lives here in Albuquerque, I know
this is fact:
It seems that Berke set out a couple of those pink plastic flamingos
out in his front yard. The 'Neighborhood Committee' objected strongly
to the 'eyesore' in his yard. He solved the problem by spraypainting
the flamingos a nice brown color.
Ronald C. Rosul Jr. (vc253ah)