on Sept. 30, Universal Press Syndicate announced Saturday.  The
strip has not been seen since January 1983, when Trudeau decided
to take a long rest.

	The Columbus Dispatch, July 15, 1984

danny@itm.UUCP (Danny) (03/07/86)

In article <577@ssc-vax.UUCP> arlo@ssc-vax.UUCP (James Campiche) writes:
>How come no one ever talks about Doonesbury, anyway?

    'Cause it's not funny, anymore.  Before his sabatical (sp?) his
work was liberal, but funny.  Now, it's just liberal.

    Actually, I've not read the strip in over a month, now.  I had
waited with baity breath for his return, but when it came, I was
severly disapointed.

    Now, mind you, this is just my own opinion, if you like the strip,
fine.  I just don't care for it any more.

    And to top it off, "Bloom County" had been on the first page of
the Sunday funnies, but since "Doonesbury" came back, Opus et al have
been relegated to the middle!

                                "Now, THAT is a tail!"
                                    - Oliver Wendal Jones

                                Danny