[net.garden] orchid inquiry

jca@drutx.UUCP (ArnsonJC) (01/10/86)

A reply to the sender failed and therfore, am posting to the net.
Sorry, but I've had a lot of problems with ihnp4 from this site.

To: ihnp4!houxm!houxa!edwards
Subject: Re: Blooming orchids under lights

	I have an orchid that I have had for about 6-7 years now.
It is quite healthy, although it is still recovering from a bout
where my brother almost killed it while he was taking care of it.
My question is -- How can I get it to bloom?  How many hours of
light a day should it get, and if I am using a grow light, how close
to the light should it be.  Any and all helpful hints will be
appreciated, I have somewhat of a green thumb {with dirt under the
fingernail (-: }

jill c. arnson
ihnp4!drutx!jca
AT&T ISL, Denver

--
		jill c. arnson
		ihnp4!drutx!jca

Lily Tomlin says that the key element in power dressing is "...sort
of like a scarf, sort of like a tie, sort of like a ruffle, and it
doesn't threaten anyone because you don't look good in it." From
@u(The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe) (-: