[net.garden] primrose

nemo@rochester.ARPA (Wolfe) (04/29/86)

In article <1740@mtgzy.UUCP> seb@mtgzy.UUCP (s.e.badian) writes:
>The leaves are very green and are growing. But all the flowers are
>wilting. They don't grow very big, and wilt the day they open.
>Primrose like cool temperatures - should I put it in the basement
>under a light so it stays cooler instead of upstairs where it's
>warmer? Any suggestions? Are they frost hardy so that I could leave it
>outside?

I don't know about the wilting flowers stuff, but primroses are
certainly hardy.  Ours are in the ground and are one of the few
things that stay green during the Rochester winter.  You might
try planting it rather than leaving the pot outdoors, since that
would expose it to colder temperatures at the roots and to dehydration.
Nemo