[net.garden] Problem with Mol

harney@uiucdcs (04/25/86)

I have a friend who has a real problem with moles digging
in her yard.  She has heard of traps that you can set to
catch them, but she has small children and doesn't want to
take a chance on one of them getting hurt.  The moles are
literally tearing her yard up.  Any suggestions?

richard@vlad.UUCP (05/03/86)

Best mole traps are pushed into the hole, and hardly visible from the
above ground vantage point. -also they are triggered from inside the
hole, and are hence hard to hurt onesself with unless you actually
take it out of the hole.
richard karasik
...sun!arete!richard

ingrid@pilchuck.UUCP (the Real Swede) (05/06/86)

Did you try (or do you possess) a member of the feline species?
My cat, booboo, is NW champion mole-eliminator. And no chemicals
are needed! ;-)

Ingrid Tenggren (Data I/O Corp's Real Swede)
UUCP:....uw-beaver!entropy!dataio!pilchuck!ingrid

"Zero dacka, smootcha crocka, hallaballooza bub.
That's the secret password that we use down at the club."

marauder@fluke.UUCP (Bill Landsborough) (05/07/86)

In article <35500003@uiucdcs> harney@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:

>I have a friend who has a real problem with moles digging
>in her yard.  She has heard of traps that you can set to
>catch them, but she has small children and doesn't want to
>take a chance on one of them getting hurt.  The moles are
>literally tearing her yard up.  Any suggestions?

Yes, we have had excellent success with drowning them.  Find a major
run or hole and turn on your faucet wide open and stick the hose into
the hole for five minutes or so.  So far I've had 100% success rate.

		Bill Landsborough

bjr@alliant.UUCP (Josh Rosen) (05/12/86)

   The best mole trap is called a cat.  Killing rodents is the thing
that cats were designed to do in the first place.  My cats kill huge
numbers of moles and field mice every year.
   Forget chewing gum and get a cat.