[net.garden] How ddo you get rid of moles?

ahs@houxu.UUCP (Arthur Steinman) (10/30/86)

I am having a problem with my lawn due to moles. They are attacking the large
 grub population that seems to have moved in this year and as a result are
digging up my front yard. Any suggestions as to how to deal with the pesky
little critters? Humane treatment is my first choice of course, but any
suggestions will be helpful. If I get a good response I will gladly post it to
the net. Please reply by e-mail to:

								Art Steinman
								houxu!ahs

ems@apple.UUCP (Mike Smith) (11/02/86)

In article <855@houxu.UUCP> ahs@houxu.UUCP (Arthur Steinman) writes:
>I am having a problem with my lawn due to moles. They are attacking the large
> grub population that seems to have moved in this year and as a result are
>digging up my front yard. Any suggestions as to how to deal with the pesky
>little critters? Humane treatment is my first choice of course, but any
>suggestions will be helpful. If I get a good response I will gladly post it to
>the net. Please reply by e-mail to:
>
>								Art Steinman
>								houxu!ahs

I had a mole problem one year.  The thing that worked best was a very
vicious spiked thing that speared them in the ground.  The thing that
I was more pleased with was to step on their trails (in one spot) to
collapse it.  Then watch it from time to time till it has popped up again.
This lets you know about when they come through that part.  Push it down
again, then the next day (or two) watch for that entire interval till you
see the dirt start to move.  One shovel on each side of 'em to block the
trail, then dig 'em up alive and well.  (Use THICK gloves!)  Take to the
nearest woods ...

--

E. Michael Smith  ...!sun!apple!ems

'If you can dream it, you can do it'  Walt Disney

This is the obligatory disclaimer of everything. (Including but
not limited to: typos, spelling, diction, logic, and nuclear war)

dnc@bonnie.ATT.COM (11/11/86)

In article <855@houxu.UUCP> ahs@houxu.UUCP (Arthur Steinman) writes:
>I am having a problem with my lawn due to moles. They are attacking the large
> grub population that seems to have moved in this year ...

We had a similar problem. We just got rid of the grubs and the moles left.