[net.bicycle] Trip to DECUS, accompanied by sidetrips

fisher@banzai.DEC (Ed Fisher, DTN 381-2377) (09/10/84)

Newsgroup : net.bicycle
From : BANZAI::FISHER

I am going to fall DECUS in Anaheim, Dec 10-14. I am currently
planning to fly out Dec 6 and return Dec 19 and bring a bike
with me.  I have relatives in San Diego, so I must visit them a
day or two, other than that, I would like to do some touring in
CA.  Many questions come to mind.

Will there be any interesting club events on either weekend?
I like to do centuries, fast and slow, I haven't broken six
hours yet; on the other hand it's sometimes fun to stop and
enjoy the scenery.

Any sage advice on avoiding airline problems?  I will box the
bike.

What's the weather like in December? Still subtropical desert?

How about names of good bike shops in LA or SD?  The kind that
can replace anything the airline can break. (or just the kind
that are fun to walk through).  I will bring my FUJI S12S, it
has served me well in many a pinch.

Other interesting comments?

ed

(DEC E-NET)	BANZAI::FISHER
(UUCP)		{decvax, ucbvax, allegra}!decwrl!dec-banzai!fisher
(ARPA)		fisher%banzai.DEC@decwrl.ARPA