[net.bicycle] Turbo boost, Kitt.... actually, seat height

keesan@bbncca.ARPA (Morris M. Keesan) (05/08/85)

-------------------------------
>From: mupmalis@watarts.UUCP (mike upmalis)
>Ergonomic testing of optimum height suggests
>that the optimum placing for seat height is 109% of inseam.

Umm, "inseam" is not a very precise measurement -- it varies depending on
fashion, and how you like to wear your pants.  Is there some measurement on the
body that can be used instead?  I don't know whether the 109% is supposed to be
of the measurement from my crotch to my ankle, the bottom of my foot, the bottom
of my trousers, or something else.
--
Morris M. Keesan
{decvax,linus,ihnp4,wanginst,wjh12,ima}!bbncca!keesan

liang@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) (05/09/85)

> -------------------------------
> >From: mupmalis@watarts.UUCP (mike upmalis)
> >Ergonomic testing of optimum height suggests
> >that the optimum placing for seat height is 109% of inseam.
>
> Umm, "inseam" is not a very precise measurement -- it varies depending on
> fashion, and how you like to wear your pants.  Is there some measurement on the
> body that can be used instead?  I don't know whether the 109% is supposed to be
> of the measurement from my crotch to my ankle, the bottom of my foot, the bottom
> of my trousers, or something else.
> --
> Morris M. Keesan
> {decvax,linus,ihnp4,wanginst,wjh12,ima}!bbncca!keesan
> keesan @ BBN-UNIX.ARPA

its from your crotch to the bottom of your foot.

-eli

Eli Liang  ---
        University of Maryland Computer Vision Lab, (301) 454-4526
        ARPA: liang@cvl, liang@lemuria, eli@mit-mc, eli@mit-prep
        CSNET: liang@cvl  UUCP: {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!cvl!liang