[net.bicycle] Touring derailleurs, specificall

matt@absolut.UUCP (08/22/85)

barry steel at tekecs writes:
>As I sit looking at my Huret Duopar, I wonder after 3000+ miles why you
>had so many problems?  I have done all of the same abuses that you have with
>no ill effect.
	I agree.
	I am very rough on derrailleurs. On my touring bike, I went through
several derailleurs until I splurged on a Duopar; since then I've worn out
several chains and a cluster but the Duopar is just as good as new. I just
bought one today for my mountain bike too. The steel version is very durable.
I'm told the titane is less so (does anyone know if this is true?).
	I haven't seen the original posting, but whenever I thought I has a
problem with the Duopar, it's been something else (cluster, chain, dropout).
						matt

"I accept all responsibility for the above mistakes. However, I accept no
punishment for said mistakes."

Matt Leo                    {ucbvax!cbosgd!ima!cfib, decvax!cca}!absolut!matt
Absolut Software            617-232-8377
2001 Beacon Street
Boston, MA  02146-4227