[net.bicycle] Flyer's flick

curl@wjvax.UUCP (Jim Curl) (11/09/85)

From qubix!saber!sun!decwrl!greipa!pesnta!amd!amdcad!lll-crg!ucdavis!ucbvax!kim!hamachi Fri Nov  8 18:10:00 PST 1985
>From: hamachi@KIM (Gordon Hamachi)
Newsgroups: net.bicycle
Subject: American Flyers
Date: Tue, 5-Nov-85 12:19:35 PST
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

Whatever happened to Hollywood's latest and greatest bicycle racing film,
American Flyers?  Did it die at the box office?  It was supposed to be
released in coordination with the Coors Bicycle Classic, but I never saw
it at any local theater (I saw a special screening).

--Gordon Hamachi

curl@wjvax.UUCP (Jim Curl) (11/09/85)

>Whatever happened to Hollywood's latest and greatest bicycle racing film,
>American Flyers?  Did it die at the box office?  It was supposed to be
>released in coordination with the Coors Bicycle Classic, but I never saw
>it at any local theater (I saw a special screening).

I have also been waiting to see this movie.  I was in Boulder for the
finale of the Coors Classic and expected to see it there.

After reading a few bad reviews of the film, I have heard that
although the bicycle scenes were quite good, the movie was not to be
released because of a weak plot.

I guess the powers that be in the movie buiseness felt that "Conan the
Barbarian" had a more powerful plot than could be found in a movie about
bicycling.

                                               ( jim curl )
                                               ( san jose )