[can.jobs] Job postings on Datapac.

pgtrubey@watlion.UUCP (03/16/87)

I seem to remember there being a company who kept a database of
job opportunites ... the service was available from datapac, was
free to job hunters (the employers paid to put entries in the database),
and was quite good from what I can remember.  Unfortunately I don't
have their 'call number' or whatever datapac uses for addresses.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Anyone have the accessing info?

Thanks,

--
Phil Trubey
pgtrubey@watlion.UUCP  !{allegra,clyde,decvax,ihnp4}!watmath!watlion!pgtrubey

lyndon@ncc.UUCP (03/17/87)

In article <7942@watlion.UUCP>, pgtrubey@watlion.UUCP (Phil Trubey) writes:
> I seem to remember there being a company who kept a database of
> job opportunites ... the service was available from datapac, was
> free to job hunters (the employers paid to put entries in the database),
> and was quite good from what I can remember.  Unfortunately I don't
> have their 'call number' or whatever datapac uses for addresses.

The address was published in _Computing Canada_ a couple of
months or so ago. I don't have the issue at the office but I could
dig up the X.25 address if anyone really wants it.

I tried contacting the system several (at least 10) times since
hearing about it - every time I tried their system spit out one
of various error messages and dropped the connection.
(Perhaps they should scan their database for a communications guru :-)

Has anyone managed to *sucessfully* talk to this system?

--
  Lyndon Nerenberg - Nexus Computing Corporation - lyndon@ncc.UUCP
               "Fifty Thou a Year 'll buy a lot a beer"

usrgroup@utgpu.UUCP (03/17/87)

In article <7942@watlion.UUCP> pgtrubey@watlion.UUCP (Phil Trubey) writes:
>I seem to remember there being a company who kept a database of
>job opportunites ... the service was available from datapac, was
[...]

Here it is:

WORKNET Employment Exchange Inc.	Hal Smith, President
Suite 418,	301 Moodie Drive,	Nepean, Ontario, Canada  K2H 9C4

Voice	613 726 0440
Envoy	H.P. Smith
Datapac	20400637
Telenet	C 0302020400637
Tymnet	DPAC;302020400637

--

../peter
	/usr/group/cdn    The Canadian Network of UNIX Users

kdavies@dalcsug.UUCP (03/17/87)

In article <7942@watlion.UUCP> pgtrubey@watlion.UUCP (Phil Trubey) writes:
>I seem to remember there being a company who kept a database of
>job opportunites ... the service was available from datapac, was
>free to job hunters (the employers paid to put entries in the database),
>
>Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Anyone have the accessing info?
>
>Thanks,
>Phil Trubey

Yes, someone told me about the service a little while ago. I think
the whole thing was sponsored by a University (assuming it's the
same service).  Anyrate, they called it WorkNet, and had jobs for
both Canada and the US.

The DataPac number is 2040 0637.
You can ask for more information directly from them when you
signoff the service.

Kevin.

Kevin Davies	 ...{seismo|watmath|utai|garfield} !dalcs!dalcsug!kdavies

Kirk :  "Spock, I do wish you'd stop using those colourful metaphors"
Spock:  "The _hell_ I will, Captain"