[can.jobs] PFO/Rejection letter contest

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (10/13/89)

Don't you hate those letters like...
	"We have reviewed you qualifications but cannot make a
	suitable position match at this time.  We will however, keep
	your application on file for six months and get in touch with
	you if there are any opportunities available."

			[Oct 11/89, well-known computer company]

In other words...
	"Please F*** Off and leave us alone you dork!"

I've saved most of mine and some are quite funny.
If you have a PFO that you were quite impressed with, send me the best
parts (or the whole thing is even better) and I'll collect and post
them to misc.jobs.misc later.  I don't care if you send the company
name or not, but it would add to the humor.  Any additional info such
as phone calls or meetings which would help explain the context of the
letter are also encouraged.

Send them to eastick@gw.ccie.utoronto.ca
	or   uunet!utai!gw.ccie!eastick
--
Doug Eastick	eastick@me.UTORONTO.BITNET	UUCP: ...!utai!me!eastick
		eastick@me.utoronto.ca

peggy@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Peggy Shambo) (10/15/89)

In article <89Oct12.194645edt.19781@me.utoronto.ca> eastick@gw.ccie.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:

>Don't you hate those letters like...

>  [... typical rejection letter deleted...]

>In other words...
>	"Please F*** Off and leave us alone you dork!"

A letter of 'rejection' is not the end of the world.. nor is it the end of
any opportunity you *might* hold with any given company.  It states the
company's situation at the time of reciept of your cover letter, resume,
and/or interview.

So what if they don't have anything that fits your qualifications?  Perhaps
they were swamped with applications in response to an advertisement in the
Sunday newspaper.  Maybe they posted something here on the net.  Maybe your
qualifications don't meet their standards.  Maybe you flubbed the interview.

Accept that a letter of rejection isn't total rejection a good portion of
the time.  It just means what most letters of that style mean.  "We just
don't have a position for you to fill at the present".

Then go on with living.  Explore other avenues.  Broaden your skillset.

Get a life.

Peg Shambo           | Anybody know of any IDMS/ADSO positions in
peggy@ddsw1.mcs.com  | the South of England? (London, Southampton,