[can.jobs] European employment.

paul1@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Paul Drover) (06/10/91)

I wonder if anyone out there can assist me. I am interested in employment
in Europe. I have a B.Sc. in computer science and 3 years experience with
Unix and programming in C. How do I go about making contact with potential
employers in europe? Any information, previous experience or advice would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers
paul1@garfield.cs.mun.ca
Paul Drover

stachour@sctc.com (Paul Stachour) (06/11/91)

paul1@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Paul Drover) writes:

>I wonder if anyone out there can assist me. I am interested in employment
>in Europe.

    There are a large number of programming support contract agencies who
place individuals in various compaies all over europe.  There are several
magazines that list some of the jobs and many of the agencies.  Friends of
mine who have tried indicate that having an agency find you the job is
much easier than seraching yourself.  Sorry, I don't have the name of the
magazine, which was published in Britain, that I saw.  Try a reference
librarian in a good public library to find such a specialized magazine.
--
Paul Stachour          SCTC, 1210 W. County Rd E, Suite 100
stachour@sctc.com          Arden Hills, MN  55112

cgwong@faraday.physics.utoronto.ca (Clint Wong) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun10.023048.7804@garfield.cs.mun.ca> paul1@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Paul Drover) writes:
>I wonder if anyone out there can assist me. I am interested in employment
>in Europe. I have a B.Sc. in computer science and 3 years experience with
>Unix and programming in C. How do I go about making contact with potential

There is a placement firm in London that specializes in placing computer
professionals in Europe.  All I know about them is that I sent a resume
to them a few months ago and was considered for a job in Paris.  If you
are seeking employment in Europe, they would probably be a good start.
I am still in Canada. :-)  The contact name is:

	Lena Llewellyn
	European Business Manager
	Hunterskil Ltd.
	Project House
	110/113 Tottenham Court Road
	London  W1P 9HG
	Tel: 071 383 3888
	Fax: 071 387 2048
	Telex: 21346 HSKIL

--
UUCP      : uunet!utgpu!utfzx!cgwong
INTERNET  : cgwong@faraday.physics.utoronto.ca     <  Clint Wong  >

alain@elevia.UUCP (W.A.Simon) (06/12/91)

In <1991Jun11.141444.21433@sctc.com> stachour@sctc.com (Paul Stachour) writes:
>paul1@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Paul Drover) writes:
>>I wonder if anyone out there can assist me. I am interested in employment
>>in Europe.
>    There are a large number of programming support contract agencies who
>place individuals in various compaies all over europe.  There are several
>magazines that list some of the jobs and many of the agencies.  Friends of
>mine who have tried indicate that having an agency find you the job is
>much easier than seraching yourself.  Sorry, I don't have the name of the
>magazine, which was published in Britain, that I saw.  Try a reference
>librarian in a good public library to find such a specialized magazine.

	The Economist, and the European, both have a number of ads,
	every week, for jobs, and for agencies.

--
William "Alain" Simon
                                                   UUCP: alain@elevia.UUCP