[net.analog] mangled Radio Shack names

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (01/10/86)

In article <8172@ucla-cs.ARPA> scw@ucla-cs.UUCP (Stephen C. Woods) writes:
>In article <63@midas.UUCP> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
>>A minor[...] part of this article added yet a new name for RS to my
>>vocabulary. I wonder how many there are? I've heard:
>>
>>Radio Shock
>>Radio Shuck
>>Radio Shaft
>>Radio S**t
>>Rat Shack (from a former manager of one)
>Radio Schlock ({Yiddish} cheap, or shoddy [note that many RS items are quite
>well made, but their cheap stuff is just that])

I'll add:
Radio Scrap
--
                  Al Schwartz
                  Pacesetter Systems, Inc.,  Sylmar, CA

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (01/11/86)

> >Radio Schlock ({Yiddish} cheap, or shoddy [note that many RS items are quite
> >well made, but their cheap stuff is just that])

I had a roomate once who called it "Shadio Rack".  Slightly off the subject,
the O/S for their computers, TRS-DOS, is commonly pronounced Trash-Dos.
--
Roy Smith <allegra!phri!roy>
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016

chad@anasazi.UUCP (Chad R. Larson) (01/16/86)

We use: Rodeo Shark

Chad R. Larson				Voice: (602) 870-3330
International Anasazi, Inc.		UUCP:  {mot!terak}!anasazi!chad
7500 North Dreamy Draw Drive
Suite 120
Phoenix, AZ 85020