From: amc!chn (Carl Nelson)
To: tikal!bobc
Subject: Smalltalk on the MAC

If you would like to pass this on to the net, I do not know what is being said
on the net about this BUT....

I recieved from Apple Computer (about 2 weeks ago) a STATUS REPORT, Jan 21,1985
on Object-oriented languages at Apple.  The basics were:

 1. A smalltalk will be available to developers for the MAC-XL and Lisa2.
    There is no doc and no support (I called, and the person I spoke with
    quoted in the $40-$50 range and avail march-april) The Apple version has
    "a somewhat older class library than the one described in the Goldberg/
    Robson textbook, and lacks some of its features." (read - Apple ported this
    to the LISA 1 before the book was finished but meets with the XEROX spec)

 2. They will also be releasing an Object Pascal. To quote:
    "Object Pascal is a more recent version (of Clascal), developed with
     the advice of Niklaus Wirth, the author of Pascal, and is intended as a
     public-domain language."

Needless to say I have 'placed my order' for both.

 3. Also Objective C from Productivity Tools will soon be available for the mac
    PPT, 27 Glen Road, Sandy Hool, CT 06482