[net.lang.st80] Info wanted on "Model-View-Controller" paradigm

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (06/28/86)

I am a (novice) Smalltalk-80 programmer.  I am trying to write some
multiwindow applications and it looks like I need to better understand
how to work with the "Model-View-Controller" (MVC) paradigm.

(For instance, one thing I'm trying to do is create a program which
opens several windows and writes different text into each window.)

Unfortunately, I have no documentation on MVC except what I can glean
from browsing the View/Controller classes (which doesn't help me much).

Can anyone point me toward any info on how to work with MVC?  Thanx in
advance.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford
UUCP:  ...{allegra,decvax,genrad,ihnp4,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl

fons@klipper.UUCP (Fons Botman) (06/30/86)

In article <183@linus.UUCP> sdl@linus.UUCP writes:

>I am a (novice) Smalltalk-80 programmer.  I am trying to write some
>multiwindow applications and it looks like I need to better understand
>how to work with the "Model-View-Controller" (MVC) paradigm.

Same problem here. I heard there have been some courses in the US.
But on this side of the big water information does not come fast.
Could someone send me a text explaining the intended way to set up
different kinds of windows. Most of the time i can find hints in the
scattered sources, but i still don't have the feeling i solved
things the way the creator designed them. I think MVC is well enough
not to need any redesigning by me :-)

					Fons Botman
					fons@vu44.UUCP