[net.lang.st80] Smalltalk-80 for Sun

barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) (06/07/86)

I would like to know how to get a hold of a working version of
Smalltalk-80 for a Sun (I have a 3/50).  Has anybody had any
experience with it?  Thanks in advance.

--

Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

USENET:		...!sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!barad			or
		...!mcvax!seismo!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!barad

ARPANET:	barad%brand@USC-ECL.ARPA

USMail:		Univ. of Southern California
		Powell Hall 306, MC-0272
		Los Angeles, CA 90089-0272
		phone: (213) 743-0911

mdr@reed.UUCP (Mike Rutenberg) (07/02/86)

In article <213@brand.UUCP> barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) writes:

>I would like to know how to get a hold of a working version of
>Smalltalk-80 for a Sun (I have a 3/50).  Has anybody had any
>experience with it?  Thanks in advance.
>
>Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

Try getting in touch with

	Parc Place Systems
	3333 Coyote Hill Rd.
	Palo Alto, CA 94304

They are responsible for getting Xerox Parc's MC680x0 Smalltalk
implmentation known as PS out into the world.  It runs faster on a Sun
3 than on a Xerox Dorado, which is no small claim.  Make sure they know
you are a university.  I use it daily.  It works well.

	-bob atkinson
	BAtkinson.pa@Xerox.arpa or something like
	BAtkinson.pa%Xerox.com@csnet-relay.csnet