[net.lang.st80] SOAR at Berkeley

white@ti-csl (07/09/86)

The 12June86 version of "Plant Engineering" mentions, ever so briefly
a RISC machine for Smalltalk known as SOAR (Smalltalk On A Risc). It
is supposedly a 32-bit microprocessor that executes Smalltalk-80.

Does anyone know who I might contact at Berkeley (Oh, the article does
state that this was done at Berkeley) about this..for more information
etc?

	Robert White

	CSNET: white@tilde.ti

rfl@oddjob.UUCP (Bob Loewenstein) (07/10/86)

> The 12June86 version of "Plant Engineering" mentions, ever so briefly
> a RISC machine for Smalltalk known as SOAR (Smalltalk On A Risc). It
> is supposedly a 32-bit microprocessor that executes Smalltalk-80.
>
> Does anyone know who I might contact at Berkeley (Oh, the article does
> state that this was done at Berkeley) about this..for more information
> etc?

You could contact Dave Patterson. I don't have his address in front of me,
but could post it later if you request.

yee@nike.UUCP (07/12/86)

In article <1403@oddjob.UUCP> rfl@oddjob.UUCP (Bob Loewenstein) writes:

>You could contact Dave Patterson. I don't have his address in front of me,
>but could post it later if you request.

Professor Patterson's E-mail address is pattrsn@kim.berkeley.edu
or ucbvax!kim!pattrsn for UUCP sites.

						-Peter Yee