[net.lang.st80] Multiple inheritance in Smalltalk-80

ymoon@pc.ecn.purdue.edu.UUCP (Bai Moon) (10/06/86)

Is there anyone who have worked on multiple inheritance using Smalltalk-80 ?
I appreciate any comments, suggestions, or relevant papers.

Thanks in advance.

    ...  Young

    			ARPAnet address:  ymoon@pc.ecn.purdue.edu
			UUCP    address:  ymoon@pur-ee.UUCP

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (10/09/86)

>  Is there anyone who have worked on multiple inheritance using Smalltalk-80 ?

The seminal paper on this subject is "Multiple Inheritance in
Smalltalk-80", by Alan Borning and Daniel Ingalls, Proceedings of the
AAAI, 1982.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl

rgatkinson@watmum.UUCP (Robert Atkinson) (10/10/86)

In article <323@linus.UUCP> sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) writes:

>>  Is there anyone who have worked on multiple inheritance using Smalltalk-80 ?
>
>The seminal paper on this subject is "Multiple Inheritance in
>Smalltalk-80", by Alan Borning and Daniel Ingalls, Proceedings of the
>AAAI, 1982.
>
>Steven Litvintchouk

There are also a couple of papers concerning it from the OOPSLA'86 conference
last week.  The proceedings will be the November issue of Sigplan notices, if
you are interested.

	-bob atkinson

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (10/14/86)

I now realize that I should have given a more complete reference to
the paper, "Multiple Inheritance in Smalltalk-80," by Alan Borning and
Daneil Ingalls.

That paper appeared in Proceedings of the National Conference on
Artificial Intelligence, Pittsburgh, PA, 1982.  The conference was
sponsored by the American Association for Artificial Intelligence
(AAAI).

Copies of the proceedings (ISBN 0-86576-043-8) are available from:

	Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc.
	95 First Street
	Los Altos, CA  94022