[net.bizarre] oh... I really don't know

dno@cvl.UUCP (David Oskard) (07/26/85)

{}[]()->

	Have you ever stepped on a slug barefoot?   Good, neither
have I.

ok here's a good one:

Can you imagine
Being crushed
By a raindrop
The size of
Your umbrella?

net.koan anyone?
						dno

fbp@cybvax0.UUCP (Rick Peralta) (07/29/85)

In article <242@bbncc5.UUCP> cspencer@bbncc5.UUCP (Clifford Spencer) writes:
>Once while walking my mother's poodle on Long Island, ...
> ... the dog didn't notice a thing.

Of course not, it was a poodle.  If they can't mark, eat or f*** it
they don't care.

Rick  ...!cybvax0[!dmc0]!fbp

"A likely story.  I don't believe a word of it."

ems@amdahl.UUCP (ems) (07/31/85)

> 	Have you ever stepped on a slug barefoot?   Good, neither
> have I.

Not only have I stepped on MANY slugs barefoot (If someone can make
the slime they make, he/she will be rich.  There is no way to
wash that stuff off and it stays slippery.  Must be a market somewhere.)
But, I have also stepped on a snail barefoot.  This was a much more
unpleasant experience, as the snail shell broke the skin.  This
planted some mold fibers from the snail under the skin.  It proceeded
to act like violent atheletes foot for about 9 months.  After several
creams, ointments, Dr. visits, etc.  I finally cured it with Micatin
ointment 3x a day and wearing open shoes (sandels).   This was a truely
bizarre experience that I hope to never repeat.  (I was down to the
last available brand of goop by the time it was cured.  Seems that the
stuff liked to develop imunity ... )

--

E. Michael Smith  ...!{hplabs,ihnp4,amd,nsc}!amdahl!ems

This is the obligatory disclaimer of everything. (Including but
not limited to: typos, spelling, diction, logic, and nuclear war)

crandell@ut-sally.UUCP (Jim Crandell) (08/01/85)

> Can you imagine
> Being crushed
> By a raindrop
> The size of
> Your umbrella?

Yeah, it's bad luck to walk under an elephant.
--

    Jim Crandell, C. S. Dept., The University of Texas at Austin
               {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!crandell