[net.bizarre] Some of my favorites

cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) (07/25/85)

In doubt?  Eat hot high-speed death -- the experts' choice in gastric vileness !

Home of Doberman Propulsion Laboratories: The ultimate in watchdog weaponry.

"Like recursion.. (Push!!) ..called for the very first time !"

No part of this message may reproduce, store itself in a retrieval system, or
transmit disease, in any form, without the permissiveness of the author.

I was walking down the street one day, when suddenly... my baloney melted !

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
		- Oscar Wilde

A doze by any other name would be a sleep.
		- Shakesfeare

Face it, disclaimers are for cabbage-brained, addle-pated sluggards,
not well-moneyed postmodern urban types like you & me who can afford a lawyer !

Seen on a resume:  "Special skills: I can count to 10 and tie my own shoes"

Pablo Picasso was never called an a$$hole !
		- Repo Man

Chris Shaw    watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
University of Waterloo

mwg@petrus.UUCP (Mark Garrett) (07/29/85)

> Pablo Picasso was never called an a$$hole !
> 		- Repo Man
> Chris Shaw    watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
> University of Waterloo

Was that in Repo Man?  That's from a Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers
song.  Did RM steal it or just play the song?

bob@cadovax.UUCP (Bob "Kat" Kaplan) (07/30/85)

In article <226@watmum.UUCP> cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) writes:
>Pablo Picasso was never called an a$$hole !
>		- Repo Man

Actually, it was Jonathan Richmond and the Modern Lovers in their 1974
song entitled "Pablo Picasso."
--
Bob Kaplan

"Ilo Shaka.  I Olimo Shando.  Shanda Lamoshi Kando.  Hopa Bia Shata Mahanda."

cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) (07/30/85)

In article <429@petrus.UUCP> mwg@petrus.UUCP (Mark Garrett) writes:
>> Pablo Picasso was never called an a$$hole !
>> 		- Repo Man
>> Chris Shaw    watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
>> University of Waterloo
>
>Was that in Repo Man?  That's from a Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers
>song.  Did RM steal it or just play the song?

I don't remember exactly where it occurred in the film, probably in the
background or on the radio or something. However, I DO have the soundtrck,
and "Pablo Picasso" is the first cut on the second side. The group who
does it is _Burning_Sensations_.

(The Repo Man soundtrack is great, get it !! (Unless you really hate hardcore))

Rich Rosen has a sign-off line that comes from the movie:

"Wait a minute!  *WE* decided ?  *MY* best interests???"

...which is from "Institutionalized" by _Suicidal_Tendencies_

rrrRRRRockin' !!

Chris Shaw    watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
University of Waterloo

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
		- Oscar Wilde

wscott@joevax.UUCP (W. Scott Meeks) (07/30/85)

Actually, I recently heard that, after a 3 month investigation, it has been
discovered that there are trace (like barely measurable) amounts of plutonium
in the NYC water supply.  It turns out that the investigators (some government
group, don't ask me which) believe that it is probably from fallout during the
a-bomb tests that is just now being uncovered because the reservoirs are so
low.  Who needs terrorists!

				W. Scott Meeks

Who am I?  Not even I know for sure.

crandell@ut-sally.UUCP (Jim Crandell) (08/03/85)

> > Pablo Picasso was never called an a$$hole !

If I were you, I'd put off calling my bookie.
--

    Jim Crandell, C. S. Dept., The University of Texas at Austin
               {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!crandell