[net.bizarre] Random Thoughts

bjg@im4u.UUCP (07/31/85)

Expires:
[line: contains 35 letters, 5 numbers, and 13 others]

    So this is net.bizarre? Right? Left? Sideways. sidewalk
    slipping though thin cracks of dimes and cold concrete
    pavement duck ladders. But only to be destroyed by small
    furry things that hang around in circles who are beginning
    to have fried EGG SALAD SANDWICHES. And but however before
    when to from the proposal to destructure reorganize violent
    outbreaks of 2 lbs. tomatoes, cup of flour, 4.32 lbs. of
    water, 6.33333333 peas, 12 calling birds left on the 3rd
    train depot. Ask for harry frank james yup.
    No! Not the night that falls hard on the days of wine, roses,
    whiskey, songs, birdcages, baseball tetrahedrons, polymorphs,
    HoMuCuLuS, chocolate frappes.
    But sir. I wasn't drinking drives dunking donald duck down
    dastardly dribbled doubly derivatives. I was only ordering
    oranges offhandedly of outer olfactory other oogles.

[You ever have one of those days when you can't think of what to say?]

		    bj
--
 Mermaids. Carrots. Polyhedra. They all mean one thing in Pascal: bj.
		      bart j. geraci is found at:

bjg@im4u.UUCP (07/31/85)

[You take a line and dip it in a mixture of flour, pepper, herbs, ....]

    Pretty much of net.bizarre has been making sense. But then I looked
    at "Random Thoughts" (number 62). Interesting....

***FLAME ON****

    I protest this nonsense. Even though this is net.bizarre, there is no
    room for 20-odd lines of pure gibberish. Whatever happened to
    constructive, well-written English phrases?

    What I'm afraid of is that this letter will let everyone post their
    favorite 20/50/2500 lines of pure drivel. And then people will be
    showing off their favorite AI text generation program. They'll be
    saying, "Look. If it can be accepted by net.bizarre, it's a form of
    English that is understood by many humans." Not only should articles
    make sense, but it should be humorous (or informative) as well.

    Keep up with the pictures. Keep up with the quest for the perfect
    description of this newsgroup
    (aside)
	How about:   net.bizarre        "X <> X" spoken here.
    (end aside).

    But do not let any more people just ramble on endlessly. Stuff like
    that belongs to /dev/null.

    And to the poster, I chant the 3rd vilest epithet I can think of.
***FLAME OFF****

				bj
[insert your favorite disclaimer here]
--
 Mermaids. Carrots. Polyhedra. They all mean one thing in Pascal: bj.
		      bart j. geraci is found at:
	       bjg@im4u.UUCP   bjg@ut-sally.{UUCP,ARPA}
	   {ctvax,gatech,harvard,ihnp4,seismo}!ut-sally!bjg

bjg@im4u.UUCP (07/31/85)

[12, 36. There are 3 numbers in this line. Not counting this 1 or that 3.]

****FLAME ON****

    What are you doing flaming in net.bizarre? Especially when you could
    have sent me mail over the net.

    But to respond. I had to do this (ramble on) so I could see the response
    of extreme actions in such a newsgroup. And it happened to be my 1st
    posting to the board.

    I personally protest against people who protest. And especially you.
    That's the worst contribution for a description for this fine
    newsgroup. it would make more sense with something like this:

	net.bizarre         STEWED CABBAGES AND PICKLED PRUNES

    or:

	net.bizarre         [Replace this line with your favorite hack]

    You're probably the type of person who listens to Nancy Sinatra on
    a constant basis....

***FLAME OFF****

			    bj
			    ["These boots are made for walking" N.S.]
[Usual disclaimer goes here]
--

greg@mcc-db.UUCP (Greg) (07/31/85)

> ****FLAME ON****
>     I personally protest against people who protest. And especially you.
>     That's the worst contribution for a description for this fine
>     newsgroup.
> 		      bart j. geraci is found at:

Hey, I have to side with bj in this argument.
--
gregregreg

jkw@lanl.ARPA (07/31/85)

> ***FLAME ON****
>
>     I protest this nonsense. Even though this is net.bizarre, there is no
>     room for 20-odd lines of pure gibberish. Whatever happened to
>     constructive, well-written English phrases?
>
>     What I'm afraid of is that this letter will let everyone post their
>     favorite 20/50/2500 lines of pure drivel....
>
>     But do not let any more people just ramble on endlessly. Stuff like
>     that belongs to /dev/null.

       What would James Joyce have to say about this ????

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       ~  Three Quarks for Muster Mark  ~
       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       Jay Wooten  Los Alamos National Lab  ARPA:jkw@lanl.ARPA

dno@cvl.UUCP (David Oskard) (08/01/85)

> ***FLAME ON****
>
>     I protest this nonsense. Achooo!

>	Whatever happened to constructive, well-written English phrases?

Wot?  We ain't got none!

I liked it.  In fact, I was more amused by this seemingly
random gibberish (which probably took a bit more randomness than your
average article to compose) than by all these mail sticker things.
If it's short enough not to bother me, then it should be allowed.

Since when are you mediating these postings here anyway?  Sorry if I've
offended anyone in any way imaginable, and I'm especially sorry that this
posting lacks a bit of bizarity (ok, so I made it up) itself.  I guess I'd
better just stop befor

cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) (08/03/85)

In article <364@im4u.UUCP> bjg@im4u.UUCP (Bart J. Geraci) writes:
>    But to respond. I had to do this (ramble on) so I could see the response
>    of extreme actions in such a newsgroup. And it happened to be my 1st
>    posting to the board.

Obviously.

Chris Shaw    watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
University of Waterloo

Face it, disclaimers are for cabbage-brained, addle-pated sluggards,
not well-moneyed postmodern urban types like you & me who can afford a lawyer !

Pablo Picasso was never called an a$$hole !
		- The Burning Sensations (on Repo Man soundtrack)

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (08/04/85)

]From: bjg@im4u.UUCP
]
]    Keep up with the pictures. Keep up with the quest for the perfect
]    description of this newsgroup
]    (aside)
]	How about:   net.bizarre        "X <> X" spoken here.
]    (end aside).

Oh Nooooooooooo! Now you've done it! You've invited the posting of
solutions of why 1<>1 (or is it 1 != 1 ?).

:-)   (Or is that implied by this newsgroup?)

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764