[net.bizarre] Deep Thought for Today

becker@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA (07/30/85)

...did you ever wonder what the effect would have been on human
civilization if the face of the moon held an undeniably sexually
explicit image?

mff@wuphys.UUCP (Swamp Thing) (08/02/85)

In article <145600001@uiucdcsb> becker@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA writes:

>...did you ever wonder what the effect would have been on human
>civilization if the face of the moon held an undeniably sexually
>explicit image?

What do you mean by "if"?

						Mark F. Flynn
						Department of Physics
						Washington University
						St. Louis, MO  63130
						ihnp4!wuphys!mff

"There is no dark side of the moon, really.
 Matter of fact, it's all dark."

				P. Floyd

gamma@ih1ap.UUCP (tontille) (08/02/85)

> ...did you ever wonder what the effect would have been on human
> civilization if the face of the moon held an undeniably sexually
> explicit image?

	This made me recall the scene from the story 'The Man
who Sold the Moon.  Mention was made of using small rockets
launched from the lunar surface to scatter strategic spots
of carbon to create a relatively unchanging image in the night
sky.  Now, if we all kick in five bucks. . .

		Key-Man (and the Masters of Technology)

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (08/06/85)

In article <145600001@uiucdcsb> becker@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA writes:

>...did you ever wonder what the effect would have been on human
>civilization if the face of the moon held an undeniably sexually
>explicit image?

I think that it would add even more to the act of 'mooning'.

BTW: It doesn't matter if it's a short circuit provided that it's a complete
circuit.
--
                  Al Schwartz
                  Pacesetter Systems Inc., Sylmar, CA