[net.bizarre] Western NYS Bizarre of the Week

rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) (07/30/85)

[POSTED WITHOUT COMMENT]

An inmate in a Wyoming County correctional facility died after the
watch that he had bitten off a guard's wrist lodged in his throat,
cutting off his air supply.

jkw@lanl.ARPA (07/31/85)

> An inmate in a Wyoming County correctional facility died after the
> watch that he had bitten off a guard's wrist lodged in his throat,
> cutting off his air supply.

Was the watch analog or digital ??  How can the FDA put warning labels
on watches without this vital bit of info ??

(P.S. -- It wasn't a guard, it was a WATCHMAN !!)
       ~ Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare ~
       ~ The lone and level sands stretch far away................. ~
	  Jay Wooten  Los Alamos National Lab  ARPA:jkw@lanl.ARPA

dave@rocksvax.UUCP (07/31/85)

The most bizzare part is the mother is suing the prison for killing her son!!!!

Dave

arpa: Sewhuk.HENR@Xerox.ARPA
uucp: {allegra,ihnp4,rochester,amd,sunybcs}!rocksvax!dave

> The most bizzare part is the mother is suing the prison for killing her son!!!!

	I have another contender for the Western NYS Bizarre of the Week:

	In Buffalo, NY a few days ago an off-duty city fireman climbed a fence
and jumped into a city swimming pool which had been empty for four years.  He
was seriously injured.  His female companion immediately called the fire dept.
for a rescue squad.  One of the first firemen on the scene apparently did not
hear a shouted warning that the pool was empty; he also scaled the fence and
dove into the swimming pool to rescue his stricken comrade promptly killing
himself due to massive head injuries.  The off-duty fireman is hospitalized in
critical condition.

	[no further comment]

	Larry Lippman
	Recognition Research Corp.
	Clarence, New York
	UUCP	{decvax,dual,rocksanne,rocksvax,watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
		{rice,shell}!baylor!kitty!larry
		syr!buf!kitty!larry
	VOICE	716/741-9185
	TELEX	{via WUI} 69-71461 answerback: ELGECOMCLR

	"Have you hugged your cat today?"

cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) (08/03/85)

In article <879@ccice5.UUCP> rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) writes:
>[POSTED WITHOUT COMMENT]
>
>An inmate in a Wyoming County correctional facility died after the
>watch that he had bitten off a guard's wrist lodged in his throat,
>cutting off his air supply.

Sure. The nightstick the guard was using didn't enter into it.

Chris Shaw    watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
University of Waterloo
In doubt?  Eat hot high-speed death -- the experts' choice in gastric vileness !

kimery@wdl1.UUCP (Sam Kimery) (08/06/85)

> In article <879@ccice5.UUCP> rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) writes:
> >[POSTED WITHOUT COMMENT]
> >
> >An inmate in a Wyoming County correctional facility died after the
> >watch that he had bitten off a guard's wrist lodged in his throat,
> >cutting off his air supply.
> >

> Sure. The nightstick the guard was using didn't enter into it.

of course it didn't.  It was lodged in the other end of the inmate.