[net.bizarre] Recipe needed for sweet and sour tacos

inc@fluke.UUCP (Ensign Benson, Time Cadet) (08/01/85)

*** BIZARRE THIS NET WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***

Some Mexican friends of the Chinese persuasion will be visiting over
Pentecost, and I was hoping to serve this old favorite. Does anyone
have a recipe? Why or why not? All of the above?

BTW, is Pentecost *really* being considered as an AMA sanctioned event?

--
			       Ensign Benson
			       -Time  Cadet-

    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-The Digital Circus, Sector R-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

cdk@avsdS.UUCP (Chris Kendall) (08/05/85)

> *** BIZARRE THIS NET WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>

> Some Mexican friends of the Chinese persuasion will be visiting over
> Pentecost, and I was hoping to serve this old favorite. Does anyone
> have a recipe? Why or why not? All of the above?
>
> BTW, is Pentecost *really* being considered as an AMA sanctioned event?
>
> --
> 			       Ensign Benson
> 			       -Time  Cadet-
>
>     _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-The Digital Circus, Sector R-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

***REPLACE THIS FACE WITH SOME WASTE***

I have a recipe for "Sweet and Sour Bock".  It's an old German/Chinese
concoction athat taste pretty good. There is one drawback, however.

After you eat .... an hour later you're hungry for power!

ENJOY .....                               W. Bully

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (08/07/85)

In article <661@tpvax.fluke.UUCP> inc@fluke.UUCP (Ensign Benson) writes:
> (Subject: Recipe Wanted for Sweet and Sour Tacos)
>
>Some Mexican friends of the Chinese persuasion will be visiting over
>Pentecost, and I was hoping to serve this old favorite. Does anyone
>have a recipe?...

Not quite, but a few years ago I was all set to make tacos and realized I
was out of taco shells!  I did, however, have some leftover wonton wrappers
so I stuffed them with the taco filling and deep-fried them.  Not bad!

The bizarre part: A few months ago I read (in one of the foodie magazines)
about an exposed-fern-and-hanging-brick Yuppie hangout that actually serves
the aforementioned delicacy - called (of course) a "Juan Ton"!

AWR