[net.bizarre] The return of net.bizarre.

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (07/24/85)

Net.bizarre should never have been created.  The proper procedure for
creating a new newgroup were not followed.  For the information
of our readers, the procedure is:
    1) Propose a new group in "net.news.group" and related, existing groups
    2) Poll the readership for comments
    3) Establish that there is/would be sufficient traffic
    4) Based on responses, create the group.

HOWEVER.....

Net.bizarre was created for a while.  In fact, the steps above were
followed, in reverse order, and seem to have established that the
group would field sufficient traffic (better than 65 responses from
just part of the network is incredible).  So, for the time being, let's
see if net.bizarre supports traffic of its own (not cross posted
elsewhere) and justifies its existance.  That is, I have just
"offically" re-created the group and added it to the active list.

Somehow, I supposed this ass-backwards way of approaching it is
appropriate for the group.

The listing in the active file for this group is:
net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.

Anybody got suggestions for a better description?
--
Gene "3 months and holding" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

dal@philabs.UUCP (Dan Lorenzini) (07/25/85)

In article <629@gatech.CSNET> spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:

>The listing in the active file for this group is:
>net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
>
>Anybody got suggestions for a better description?

How about

net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurences.

(Sorry, Gene)

sr@u1100a.UUCP (Steven Radtke) (07/25/85)

In article <629@gatech.CSNET> spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:

>The listing in the active file for this group is:
>net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
>
>Anybody got suggestions for a better description?

I suggest we spell it, "occurences."
Also, substitute "bizarre" for "strange" and "odd." Why create any false
impressions :-) ?

Steve Radtke
Bizarre Communications Research
{ihnp4,pyux*,bellcore}!u1100a!sr

todd@bu-cs.UUCP (Todd Cooper) (07/26/85)

Yes folks, we have returned.  net.bizarre is a reality.  Now I guess I have
to ask about a bizarre occurence.

Bryan Gumbal when on the David Letterman show painted Letterman's legs
with bright orange paint.

Now that's very bizarre!
--
---------------------------
Todd Cooper

UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd
ARPA:	todd%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
CSNET:	todd@bu-cs
BITNET:	stdttc@bostonu
USNail:	29 Gordon Street #201, Brighton, MA 02135

> In article <629@gatech.CSNET> spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:
> >
> >The listing in the active file for this group is:
> >net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
> >
> >Anybody got suggestions for a better description?
>
> How about
>
> net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurences.
>
> (Sorry, Gene)

How about

net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurrences.

shp@crystal.UUCP (07/26/85)

In article <629@gatech.CSNET> spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:

>The listing in the active file for this group is:
>net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
>
>Anybody got suggestions for a better description?

	How 'bout:

net.bizarre		Postings too weird for net.misc

	or

net.bizarre	Too mild for net.flame, too weird for net.misc, too dry for net.jokes

fwb@siemens.UUCP (07/27/85)

> The listing in the active file for this group is:
> net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
>
> Anybody got suggestions for a better description?

net.bizarre		See net.bizarre.

Fred Brehm (ihnp4!princeton!siemens!fwb)

plw@mgwess.UUCP (Pete Wilson) (07/27/85)

In article <825@u1100a.UUCP> sr@u1100a.UUCP (Steven Radtke) writes:
>In article <629@gatech.CSNET> spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:
>>
>>The listing in the active file for this group is:
>>net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
>>
>>Anybody got suggestions for a better description?
>
>I suggest we spell it, "occurences."
>Also, substitute "bizarre" for "strange" and "odd." Why create any false
>impressions :-) ?
>
>Steve Radtke
>Bizarre Communications Research
>{ihnp4,pyux*,bellcore}!u1100a!sr

*I* suggest we spell it "occurrances".......

This is what happens when you don't know how to use 'vi'...
:w
ZZ
:q
SHIT!!!

	Pete Wilson
	Barrelhoopers, Inc.
	..!ihnp4!mgnetp!mgwess!plw

	<If life begins at 40, what is it that ends at 39?>

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (07/29/85)

Todd Cooper, in <521@bu-cs.UUCP>, wrote:

> Yes folks, we have returned.  net.bizarre is a reality.  Now I guess I have
> to ask about a bizarre occurence.
>
> Bryan Gumbal when on the David Letterman show painted Letterman's legs
> with bright orange paint.
>
> Now that's very bizarre!

I saw that show, and you have it backwards.  Dave painted BryanT GumbLE's ankles
with bright orange paint, because BryanT wasn't wearing any socks.

Just thought you'd want the bizarre truth.
--Evan Marcus

P.S.  Isn't net.bizarre for pictures?     .     .
                                             -
                                          \_____/
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

I do and I do and I do for you kids, and this is the thanks I get!

peter@kitty.UUCP (Peter DaSilva) (07/30/85)

> net.bizarre	Too mild for net.flame, too weird for net.misc, too dry for net.jokes

I'll go along with that one.

greg@mcc-db.UUCP (Greg) (07/30/85)

> > The listing in the active file for this group is:
> > net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
> >
> > Anybody got suggestions for a better description?
>
> net.bizarre		See net.bizarre.

net.bizarre		Ung N!f oog ahg (oog ahg) foo.

--
gregregreg

crandell@ut-sally.UUCP (Jim Crandell) (08/01/85)

> Bryan Gumbal when on the David Letterman show painted Letterman's legs
> with bright orange paint.

On David Letterman, NOTHING is bizarre.

Bryan Gumball?  Is he out of his tree?
--

    Jim Crandell, C. S. Dept., The University of Texas at Austin
               {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!crandell

long@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) (08/03/85)

> The listing in the active file for this group is:
> net.bizarre		Strange postings and reports of odd occurances.
>
> Anybody got suggestions for a better description?

        .secnarucco ddo fo stroper dna sgnitsop egnartS		errazib.ten
			-- OR --
en.tibazrr	eS	rtnaegp soitgn sna deroptr sfoo ddo ccrunaec.s
--
{hplabs,fortune,idi,ihnp4,tolerant,allegra,tymix}!oliveb!long

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (08/07/85)

> > net.bizarre	Too mild for net.flame, too weird for net.misc, too dry for net.jokes                                       ^^^^^
>

> I'll go along with that one.

WIERD WIERD? We who live in this great wasteland on the outer edges of reality

resemble that         huh? Oh,  resent that remark :-:-:-

			well your honor, this is the way it really was.....

			Bob Nebert
                        sdcsvax!bmcg!bobn

BTW, there seems to be so much bizarrness in the known world ans Calif.,
that the gazzette might go to, hold on now, twice a week.

God that means overtime for the creatures in typesetting.!.!.!

bla bla bla..