[net.bizarre] Net Programming

In article <1217@sjuvax.UUCP> tmoody@sjuvax.UUCP (T. Moody) writes:
>[]
>I had an idea that a collaborative work of fiction could be created
>on the net.

I have a better idea.  Let's create a collaberative computer program!
C is probably the language most common to the net, so we'll use that.
Contributers should add at most a few lines at a time.

Here goes:

bizarre_program(nerd, gnome, fnord)

character nerd;
short gnome;
double fnord;

{

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (08/11/85)

In article <571@mmintl.UUCP> franka@mmintl.UUCP (Frank Adams) writes:
>In article <1217@sjuvax.UUCP> tmoody@sjuvax.UUCP (T. Moody) writes:
>>[]
>>I had an idea that a collaborative work of fiction could be created
>>on the net.
>
>I have a better idea.  Let's create a collaberative computer program!
>C is probably the language most common to the net, so we'll use that.
>Contributers should add at most a few lines at a time.

It's been done. It's called netnews.
--
:From the carousel of the autumn carnival:        Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui   nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

Your fifteen minutes are up. Please step aside!