[net.bizarre] state fair

skipt@inuxm.UUCP (M Tourville) (07/30/85)

I have heard that this year's Indiana State Fair will include a
Combine Demolition Derby.

(That's "Combine" as in farm equipment)

Not being a native hoosier, this seems bizarre to me.

mupmalis@watarts.UUCP (M. A. Upmalis) (07/31/85)

In article <268@inuxm.UUCP> skipt@inuxm.UUCP (M Tourville) writes:
>I have heard that this year's Indiana State Fair will include a
>Combine Demolition Derby.
>(That's "Combine" as in farm equipment)
>Not being a native hoosier, this seems bizarre to me.

They are doing somehting similar in Buffalo at the Erie County
Fair, Now Buffalo, that is something that is bizarre....

Now places like Tonnawanda, Cheektowoga etcetera are fine, but why
do people keep wantig to burn them down?

--
Mike Upmalis	(mupmalis@watarts)<University of Waterloo>

		ihnp4!watmath!watarts!mupmalis

purtell@reed.UUCP (Lady Godiva) (08/02/85)

In article <268@inuxm.UUCP> skipt@inuxm.UUCP (M Tourville) writes:

>I have heard that this year's Indiana State Fair will include a
>Combine Demolition Derby.
>
>(That's "Combine" as in farm equipment)
>
>Not being a native hoosier, this seems bizarre to me.

   I am a native hoosier and this seems bizarre to me.

   elizabeth g. purtell

   (Lady Godiva)

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/08/85)

> Now places like Tonnawanda, Cheektowoga etcetera are fine, but why
> do people keep wantig to burn them down?

You yanks think YOU have some funny names. How about "Grong Grong", a small
town in New South Wales, Australia?
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter

jerem@tekgvs.UUCP (Jere Marrs) (08/13/85)

	Yeah, those are wierd names. But what about Sopchoppy, Florida?

						Jere M. Marrs
						Tektronix,Inc.
						Beaverton, Oregon