[net.bizarre] Bizarre Movie on the horizon

jts@bu-cs.UUCP (Joe Szep) (08/11/85)

[ Eat my brains, line-eater]

	Just read this in today's (8/13) Boston Phoenix:

		     THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD

	    [Not to be confused with the soon to be released
 		    George Romero "Day of the Dead"]

	"Remember the movie about the "living dead" in which graves yawned open
and shrieking ghouls roamed the night? [sounds like Kenmore Square] A lot of
people thought it was just another terrific Hollywood horror story.  But they
were wrong. DEAD WRONG.
	In Orion Pictures' TROTLD, the truth finally emerges[!] - like a
crumbling cadaver crawling out of a crypt.  It seems that a U.S. Army experi-
ment [of course], aimed at reviving the terminally deceased [didn't know there
were grades of deceased-ness], went astray.  When it became clear that the
corpses wouldn't cooperate, and couldn't be killed, they aere sealed in
cannisters for shipment to a toxic dump site.
	That's when things really got screwed up.
	The bodies were accidentally delivered to the Uneeda Medical Supply Co.
a warehouse specializing in anatomical spare parts.  There, a curious clerk
popped the cork - and out came a whoosh of foul air followed by a ghastly
figure screaming for refreshment...  Human brains.
       The noxious fumes soon spread to the cemetery next door, where putrified
parts and skeletal fragments are popped out of the earth, toppling tombstones
and wailing like banshees for more brains.  The living dead are on the loose.
And the living living are in for a rough night.
	TROFLD is the most ingeniously insane, deliriously demented "boy meets
ghoul" story to hit the genre in recent memory.  It's a hoot, a howl, a blast,
a gas and the fevered brain[?]child of writer-director Dan O'Bannon, who
dreamed up "Alien" and now makes his directing debut as the leader of this
legion of clamoring corpses.
	Since only one delicacy can deaden the ache of eternal unrest, the dead
want brains to "ease the pains".  Their first victims are some punk rockers
[that's bull, punks got no brains], partying in the cemetery, who try to escape
to the crematorium across the street [some neighborhood] - and phone the fuzz.
	But that's not much help.  Hiding in the crematorium are the clerks
from Uneeda Medical who've been gassed in Ghouldom.  Outside, the living dead
are still feeding on the first police to arrive and issuing a plea to...
SEND MORE COPS!		The fun is just beginning....."

The soundtrack features: The CRAMMPS, The Damned, The Jet Black Berries, TSOL,
			 The Flesheaters, SSQ, Tall Boys, and Roky Clifford

"They're back from the grave and ready to party"
"I know you're here... because I can smell your brains"

Opening Friday, August 16 at a theater, cemetery, cremeatorium, or medical
supply house near you....

The soundtrack may be interesting, the movie will no doubt be hysterical.
See the movie, hear the record, eat the brain..... =8-E  (smiley punk ghoul?)

Joe Szep			Boston University Academic Computing Center

UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!jts
ARPA: jts%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
Pony Express:  111 Cummington St.  Boston, Ma. 02215	617-353-2780

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (08/13/85)

In article <> jts@bu-cs.UUCP (Joe Szep) writes:
>	Just read this in today's (8/13) Boston Phoenix:
>
>		     THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
>
>The soundtrack may be interesting, the movie will no doubt be hysterical.
>See the movie, hear the record, eat the brain..... =8-E  (smiley punk ghoul?)
Ah, yes, but will it be in Dolby (R) Stereo?
						Carl Greenberg