[net.bizarre] Save the Zayante Hump-backed Slug!

bill@persci.UUCP (08/20/85)

In article <210@drivax.UUCP> landauer@drivax.UUCP (Doug Landauer) writes:
>Kchula-Rrit asks:
>> How big are these slugs that people talk about?
>In the Santa Cruz mountains (Ben Lomond), slugs are only one
>to three inches long.
>In Forest Springs (just outside of Boulder Creek), they have banana
>slugs.  These are six or seven inches long, yellowish, and sort of
>triangular-looking.	-- Doug Landauer --

Ahem. Beg pardon, but I used to live in Ben Lomond, and they have the large
banana slugs there as well.

Question: Has anyone seen the infamous Zayante Hump-backed Slug, known to
	  infest the great metropolii of Zayante and Lompico CA ("the land
	  of the hostile flakes")? This despicable creature was the center-
	  piece of the movement to stop the construction of a dam across
	  the mighty Zayante Creek (shout: "Save the Zayante Hump-Backed
	  Slug!!"). For all the brief time I lived in Lompico, I think I
	  never saw one..