[net.music] John Valby

acsgjjp@sunybcs.UUCP (Jim Poltrone) (02/24/85)

Last night, I went to see John Valby at an on-campus pub.  I wonder if
anyone else out there has heard of him.

Some background info:  John (a/k/a "Dr. Dirty") is originally from Buffalo,
is a fine piano player, and his stuff is quite bawdy.  How bawdy?  If someone
ever played his stuff on the radio, it would sound like the Emergency Broadcast
System test.  If I were to post some of his lyrics, I'd have to do it rot13.
--
"Is there liver in reality?"
Jim Poltrone  (a/k/a Poltr1, the Last of the Raster Blasters)

reiher@ucla-cs.UUCP (03/01/85)

In article <1210@sunybcs.UUCP> acsgjjp@sunybcs.UUCP (Jim Poltrone) writes:
>Some background info:  John (a/k/a "Dr. Dirty") is originally from Buffalo,
>is a fine piano player, and his stuff is quite bawdy.

Whilw I was an undergrad at Notre Dame, I had a friend from Buffalo who had
a tape of this guy's stuff.  Some might substitute "dirty" for "bawdy", but
it's sort of fun.  I've since discovered that Valby is far from the only guy
doing this stuff, but he does it well and has a nice talent for improvising
filthy lyrics.  By the way, believe it or not, he's actually appeared in a
movie.  He played a singer of filthy songs in a dive in Tiajuana in
"Losing It", a recent horny teenager movie.

--

        			Peter Reiher
        			reiher@ucla-cs.arpa