[net.bizarre] Bizarre Stories... 2 received....

William M. Tatun @ Brookhaven National Labortory@bnl44.UUCP (William M. Tatun @ Brookhaven National Labortory) (08/23/85)

From daemon Mon Aug 12 00:32:08 1985

>From philabs!mcnc!duke!phs!paul  Sun Aug 11 21:54:47 1985 remote from sbcs
From: <sbcs!philabs!mcnc!duke!phs!paul>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 85 13:27:59 edt
To: duke!mcnc!philabs!sbcs!bnl44!bt

Subject: Re: Bizarre Contest?!?!?

Probably not in the top 10 of bizarre, but short and funny and even
bizarre:

   From National Review, 8/23/85:  "Deadpan-of-the-Year Award to Ted
   Turner.  When asked to discuss the aftermath of a nuclear conflict,
   he thought a while, then commented:  `Nuclear war would really set
   back cable.'"

Regards, Paul Dolber (duke!phs!paul).

From daemon Tue Aug 20 17:07:39 1985

Date: Wed, 14 Aug 85 15:15:51 edt
From: sbcs!philabs!linus!utcs!jimb (Jim Bailey)
To: utzoo!linus!philabs!sbcs!bnl44!bt

I was about to post this to the net, but when I read about the
contest it seemed like the perfect candidate. Unfortunately, I
cannot claim originality, but it did require editing (mainly
formatting and spelling corrections - although some have been
kept in their original form to preserve bizarreness). Hope you
enjoy it!

        The  following  was  found  on  a  notice  board  in  the
Engineering  Annex,  University  of  Toronto sometime in December
1982.  It has been edited by James A.  Bailey.

I am the fish of all fish.  The squid of all  squid.   I  am  the
seafood  to all nations.  I am SQUID.  I also happen to know that
all mackerels cannot dance at all.  Praise be to SQUID  on  high,
my  guiding light and saviour from the evil TURBOT.  Who can save
us?  Only  the  magnanimous  SQUID  PATROL.   Halleluja!   Nomine
patris,  et  filii,  et  spiritus  sancti.  Holy SQUID, father of
BRUNO, blessed art thou among fish, and the fruit  of  thy  womb,
FEEDBACK.   Amen.   Do  what you want, but don't call me MOLLUSC.
Why you can call me FLOUNDER, or you can call me ANTHRAX, or  you
can  call  me  CORNELIUS,  HOLDER OF THE BANANA but don't call me
MOLLUSC.     Say    what    you    want,    but     don't     say
"wallizxinbinhitrujlomngingquacksnablittyabingbing"  all  in  one
breath.  These are the words to be said in one breath:

          1.zungist
          2.rinliz
          3.buzzard-baloney (only in an emergency, of course)
          4.raxmuxnix
          5.laerec-narb
          6.customer self dialed direct
          7.quiskblin
          8.weedeedeedeedee
          9.puh
         10.splinph
         11.estfropoytrigutttechdolexia
         12.azimuth

All other words should be said in a series of breaths and  gasps,
for  it  is written:  'All other words should be said in a series
of breaths and  gasps'.   OH,HO,OH,HO.   Answer:   OH,  HOLY  PIG
(spiritus  porci  sancti)!  The SQUID PATROL is on my side, and I
shall not be lonely for evermore.  The breath of  my  mother  the
car  shall  feed  my  soul,  and  as  such I shall feed my peers,
through them I shall gain comfortable shoes to share  with  them,
my friends, and even the obese Papaioannou with the knowledge and
depth of my being.  Long live SQUID, Deity of All Who Breath That
Wet  Stuff.  STINKY is keen.  So Keen.  So amazingly keen that he
transcends the bounds of keendom.  He is  so  outrageously  keen,
especially  in  the  Holy field of the all hallowed ROLLER DERBY,
that even the Holy SQUID, God of all who speak with  accents  and
cannot  pronounce  the letter 'b'(as in cat), fears, and sees his
tenuous hold on the highest position in the hierarchy  threatened
by  the  presence of this rising young upstart, this novice, this
young polliwog with no experience, yet the inherent knowledge  of
an expert.  Let us pray for SQUID, that he may somehow retain his
status, and keep order and stability in the world as we know  it,
especially  in these days of troubled sorrow and tears and crying
and thorns and rabbits and those  sort  of  tapered  woven  straw
containers  with  those  little attachments that fit into similar
petal-like arrangements.  AMEN.  BLOD.   {This  is  not  English.
Possibly Hungarian or Tswana?} BEAN.  FRAZNIGGLE.
                                                           Page 2

Who's got doughnuts?  Yes it is true that doughnuts are  the  key
to  the  future.   Whoever controls doughnuts controls the world,
said a famous politician of the Pleistocene Era.  But it was  not
always  this way.  A long time ago, doughnuts did not have nearly
the prestige that they are given today.  Now the doughnut  stands
head  and  shoulders  above all the other sundry pastries such as
butter tarts, muffins, scones  and  baklava.   MMM,  I'm  getting
hungry.
    Yes Virginia, there is a free lunch. We are eating it now.
          Can I get you a napkin?
What's the world coming to when  everyone  considers  himself  an
expert on the Plastocene Era.  Ah, Balaklava, I remember it well.
That's  where  the  valiant  Light  Bridge  charged  the  vicious
cossacks  and  went on to eternal glory.  Aye, vicar, 'tis true I
remember Balaklove.  All mimsy were the Balakloves.  That's  when
they weren't outside grabing, you see.

'Tis I, the master of all scenery, the one of Heaven and Earth.
See the world through rosy eyes, and know not of its worth.
The world can make, the world can break, the heart of the lonely
sole,
But see the world through bloodshot eyes and I'll find you a
hairy hole.
If you feel the warmth and strength when you're weary and
flustered,
Just edit again, compile, (AMEN) and cover me with mustard.
Once there was a lonely squid, he wallowed by the beach
A fisherman threw out his bait, but threw it out of reach
The lonely squid said, "Food for thought! I must pursue this
meal!"
The bait was not the food he sought, it really was just Neil!
The squid swam home, all alone, and really felt dejected.
He swam too close to a motorboat and got himself dissected.

The SQUID:  God of all slime, Oh Wonderous Goop.  Be as  you  may
slippery,  hold unto us, or spurt between our fingers when we try
to crush the life from your soft frame.  Lettuce c-u-p.  The dawn
of  the  past  is  the death of the last.  The beginning must end
something.  Turn that all-mighty beat around.  AMEN.
Squid dah dee do dah
Squid dah dee yea
Wonderful feeling,
Wonderful day.
Squid dah dee do dah
Squid dah dee yea
My, oh my,
What a dumb thing to say.
Wish I were a rich squid,
didle deedle didle deedle didle deedle didle dum

When all else has faded into dust,
When palaces and pyramids have fallen,
The omnipresent squid will be forgotten,
And life and time will disappear from earth's face.
As the dust settles, see our dreams, e-e-e-eems, see it all
coming true, it all depends on you.
                                                           Page 3

And as we near the festive season
Give hearts more judgement than pure reason
Live in fullness and in joy
In every squid and girl and buoy
We give the gift that makes us whole
And keeps Renaldo the Wonder Ostrich off the dole
To make our faces smile with pride
And give us warmth for our insides
To quell the hunger in our bellies
To make Stinky not so smelly
>From squid and plankton hear the call
A Merry Christmas to one and all!!!
                  S. Claus (c. 1879)

Concerning Advances Toward Seafood:
   Be-Bop-Beluga, she's MY baby.

While there is such a great concern about seafood, I  would  like
to  make  a  small  but  necessary  comment  on  the desrtructive
tendencies    of    non-halitosic     intra-fuguous     impartial
gonadial-based   bipedi-uvulaed   hormonal   deviation  from  the
standard recorded norm as stated in the book of norms, and wonder
for  a  while  why  life  exists to serve a handful of bionically
altered pseudo-fish.  Dont deny  it!   You  all  know  its  true!
There have been many incidents of government coverups of millions
of money going into research of bionically  altered  pseudo-fish!
They  can't keep it a secret any longer.  Three times I have been
kidnapped and sent to mental  hospitals  in  inaccessible  places
throughout the underdeveloped world, but each time I have escaped
to bring fear into the hearts of the conspiracy which is spending
your   tax   money   to   the  betterment  of  bionically-altered
pseudo-fish.  But this may be my last chance.  This time they are
close  on  my trail and can legally put me away since publication
of  my  paper  "The  destructive  tendencies   of   non-halitosic
intra-fuguous  impartial  gonadial-based  bipedi-uvulaed hormonal
deviations from the standard recorded norm as stated in the  book
of  norms".   I  think they are at the door.  Save the world from
super-fish.

PLEASE DISREGARD PREVIOUS MESSAGE -- THE F.B.I.

PLEASE DIREGARD PREVIOUS MESSAGE CONCERNING PREVIOUS MESSAGE --
'BIFF' SMITH, THE GIANT GERBIL

There is a tale written in runes of old that once there did exist
hormonal  deviates  of  bipedi-uvulaed  gonadial-based bionically
altered pseudofish.  In this tale it is said that those who  were
once  human  used  to  be  of  monotreme  extraction and all were
software keen.  Now the people are non-uvulaed bipedal  creatures
with no idea of what I am talking about.
                  Love and Kisses,
              Archibald Frunobulax (M.N.U.B.C.) [1]

P.S.:  Those citizens who questioned, those suspect harbourers of
       doubt  were  brought  before  a  panel  of the Ministry of
                                                           Page 4

       Pseudo-Bionic   Alteration.    They   were   tested,   and
       encephalogrammed  until  rendered  quite  insane, when, in
       accordance with  the  law,  they  received  bulbous  nasal
       protuberances.

[1] Member, Non-Uvulaed Bipedal Creatures

A-hem, my theory is as follows.  The theory  which  is  mine,  is
mine.   My  theory,  which  is  mine, is as follows.  A-hem.  The
ancient runes also mentioned a mysterious  race,  known  far  and
wide  for  their  short  whiskers  and roughly textured tails but
other than that completely mysterious,  the  Bandicoots.   Though
lacking  in those amenities which we take for granted today, such
as intelligence or even linoleum, they were able to rise  out  of
the  quagmire  of lesser academia which surrounded them, going on
to elucidate humble, hapless squidfolk as to the  intricacies  of
networks.  A-hem.

In part 2 of this series, I will conclude this thrilling tale  of
revolutionary fervour.

Anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah.  Those Bandicoots.  Well, as I was
sayin',  from  four corners of the globe, from all seven seas, or
at least a subset thereof, denizens of the deep  flocked  to  the
aid  of  their worthy multi-membered friends.  Using ink of their
own making, squid and squid alike drew  up  petitions,  delivered
leaflets  and  organized  yet  another round of media kiblitzing.
Their effort was NOT in  vain.   Oh,  no!   Prithee,  hark.   The
forces  of  the  Bandicoots, themselves minions of the incredibly
heinous StinkDink Corporation, were dispersed.  From that day  to
this,  squids  have  lived  in relative luxury, enjoying coherent
lectures, delivered in mellifluous tones rather than the piercing
shriek they had formerly endured.  And so it goes.

                                                  Anonymous

Jim Bailey
University of Toronto Computing Services