[net.bizarre] who Ruschmeyer owes money command

inc@fluke.UUCP (Ensign Benson, Time Cadet) (08/22/85)

> ps	Try this command:
>
> 		who Ruschmeyer owes money
>
> 	The answer might surprise you

I tried this command:

    man who backslash bang splat owes money

and found out that there isn't anything appropriate.

However, when I did the command you suggested, I found out that Ruschmeyer
apparently is in debt to all of civilization. I mean, the screen filled with
names and amounts, due dates, principles, interests and carrying charges.
This went on for 35 minutes and it only got up to the "D"s. Wanna see
something neat? Try this command:

    how large Ruschmeyer indebtedness database

... and you can see even more astronomical numbers by leaving off
"database"...

--
			       Ensign Benson
			       -Time  Cadet-

    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-The Digital Circus, Sector R-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (08/23/85)

]From: inc@fluke.UUCP (Ensign Benson, Time Cadet)
]
]> ps	Try this command:
]>
]> 		who Ruschmeyer owes money
]>
]> 	The answer might surprise you
]
]However, when I did the command you suggested, I found out that Ruschmeyer
]apparently is in debt to all of civilization. I mean, the screen filled with
]names and amounts, due dates, principles, interests and carrying charges.
]This went on for 35 minutes and it only got up to the "D"s...

Guys, I hate to tell you this, but you've got the command arguments in the
wrong order (which is part of the reason that Gary could not find the
command in the manual). It's not

	who Ruschmeyer owes money

but

	who owes Ruschmeyer money

It turns out that the entire net owes me money! Being the nice guy that I
am, I was going to let it slide- that was until you guys at John Fluke Mfg.
*had* to bring it out into the open.

As you may have already noticed, the payment date has already passed for
much of this money. I am a reasonalbe man, however, so I will not ask for
any interest.

To stop any further action on my part, however, I either want my money or
the equivalent value in John Fluke's (no David Letterman's, please).

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

Silly quote:
	Son, you're mixing ponderables again...

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (08/25/85)

In article <484@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
>To stop any further action on my part, however, I either want my money or
>the equivalent value in John Fluke's (no David Letterman's, please).

Gary!  Dave!  Have we got any of those test Paul Schaeffers from last year?
Maybe that'll satisfy him...

Of course, if he gets nasty, we send him.... 40,000 Larry ("Bud") Melmans!
My God, talk about a Stephen King concept....

                "I'd never marry a woman who didn't like pizza...
                "I might play golf with her, but I wouldn't marry her."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb1, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
<*> DISCLAIMER: Do what you want to me, but leave my employers alone! <*>