[net.bizarre] Bizarre Basebrawl Promotions

nessus@nsc.UUCP (Kchula-Rrit) (08/27/85)

From: wildbill@ucbvax.ARPA (William J. Laubenheimer)

> I like to go to a baseball game now and then. It seems that these days,
> some promotional giveaway or festivity is always coming up in the not
> too distant future. Bat day, ball day, coffee mug night, gym bag day,
> jacket day, etc., etc. ...
>
> Whoopee Cushion Day - ...
>
> Roach Clip Night - ...
>
> Condom Night - ...
>
> OK sports fans, take it from here. What would *you* like to see your
> favorite baseball team give away at their home games? Just remember
> what group this posting is appearing in.

How about "Star-Trek night"?

     I'm not a sports fan, but how about free phasers in the team colors to
all adults with local-area IDs?  Seems to me that would be a sure-fire (pun
intended) way to improve team performance.  With a phaser, if the ball was
to the "wrong" player, the home fans could dematerialize it (in the air, of
course).

			"Holy South America, Batman!"

			Kchula-Rrit