[net.bizarre] NON-BIZARRE POST CONTEST!

judith@proper.UUCP (Judith Abrahms) (08/27/85)

In article <> dand@teklds.UUCP (Daniel Dreiszus) writes:

>Where are the baby sea gulls? I lived on the coast for fourteen years
>and never saw a baby sea gull -- only adults, and all of THEM were
>just about the same size. And don't tell me that they are out in the
>ocean somewhere, because I fish a lot and they're just not out there.

Congratulations!  You have just entered our Least Bizarre Posting of the
Month contest.  If enough readers vote for your entry, you will be chosen
Least Bizarre Person on the Net.

Rules: 1) The post must lack bizarreness of any kind, except for the fact
	  that it is in this newsgroup for no apparent reason.

       2) It must also lack humor: funny posts sometimes do get by here.

       3) Ideally, it should be totally boring as well.

Clearly, many posts will share the honor of combining all three qualifications.
Those which are boring but bizarre, or interesting but unfunny, won't stand a
chance.  Therefore we are taking suggestions for a tiebreaker.

Should the post win that is most:

1) Mundane, unfunny, boring, AND DISGUSTING?
2) Mundane, unfunny, boring, AND PRETENTIOUS?
3) Mundane, unfunny, boring, AND CLEARLY MEANT FOR ANOTHER NEWSGROUP?
4) Mundane, unfunny, boring, AND FULL OF SPELLING MISTAKES?

Send in your suggestions and your votes -- append your favorite non-bizarre
post from this group.  I shall post the results here one month from today.

Note: This post (i.e., the announcement of the contest) will not be eligible
for the prize.  I realize it is boring, pretentious, and unfunny, but I knew
in advance that the contest was coming up, so it wouldn't be fair.

Judith Abrahms
{ucbvax,ihnp4}!dual!proper!judith
"The sames should stay with the sames, and the differents should stay with the
differents."  -- A. Bunker