[net.bizarre] Firesign Stuff

cej@ll1.UUCP (One of the Jones Boys) (08/09/85)

> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) says:
> >	'She's no fun -- she fell right over!'
> >			-Firesign Theatre
> I always thought that was "He's no fun -- he fell right over!"
> 	Chris Grevstad

	No, it is "She" as in Betty Joe Beualowksi, though everyone
knew her as Nancy.  (From 'Nick Danger - Third Eye' for culturally
deprived types.)

	Now the BIG QUESTION!  On one episode of St. Who-it's-where,
each time they came back from the commercial break you heard the last
line of a joke, then everyone laughing.  You never did hear the
jokes!  (Bizarre!)  One of the punch lines was "...and the man said,
'Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers!'".  The question is:
Did Firesign Theatre use a punch line of a joke I've never heard as
the title of that album, or did St. Where-ever use the title of the
album as the punch line for a non-existent joke just 'cause is
sounded bizarre?

	PLEASE!  MAIL ALL RESPONSES AND I WILL POST A SUMMARY!

	This is getting to be a high volume group (check
mod.newslists) and I don't want to cause a lot of follow-ups to go
to the net.   ...So PLEASE mail the multitude of answers.
--

	disclaimer: I'd rather be a spider, than impaled!
		    Yes I would...

...ihnp4!mgnetp!ll1!cej		Llewellyn Jones

judith@proper.UUCP (Judith Abrahms) (08/11/85)

In article <> cej@ll1.UUCP (One of the Jones Boys) writes:
>	Now the BIG QUESTION!  On one episode of St. Who-it's-where,
>each time they came back from the commercial break you heard the last
>line of a joke, then everyone laughing.  You never did hear the
>jokes!  (Bizarre!)  One of the punch lines was "...and the man said,
>'Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers!'".  The question is...

... what does it mean?  Everyone I knew back then thought it meant
"Don't stub out that roach, give me an alligator clip."

{ihnp4, ucbvax}!dual!proper!judith

"Where it is a duty to worship the sun, it is pretty sure to be a crime to
examine the laws of heat."  -- Morley

nessus@nsc.UUCP (Kchula-Rrit) (08/13/85)

> In article <> cej@ll1.UUCP (One of the Jones Boys) writes:
>> ...  (Bizarre!)  One of the punch lines was "...and the man said,
>>'Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers!'".  The question is...
>
>... what does it mean?  Everyone I knew back then thought it meant
>"Don't stub out that roach, give me an alligator clip."
>
> {ihnp4, ucbvax}!dual!proper!judith

     Reminds me of my first relationship.  When then-MOTAS moved in with me, I
had a bunch of alligator-clip leads that I used in hardware hacking.  Within
two months they had all disappeared to points unknown.

Ah, to be young and uncorrupted...

				Kchula-Rrit

chabot@miles.DEC (All God's chillun got guns) (08/13/85)

...ihnp4!mgnetp!ll1!cej		Llewellyn Jones
>> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) says:
>> >	'She's no fun -- she fell right over!'
>> >			-Firesign Theatre
>> I always thought that was "He's no fun -- he fell right over!"
>> 	Chris Grevstad
>
>	No, it is "She" as in Betty Joe Beualowksi, though everyone
>knew her as Nancy.  (From 'Nick Danger - Third Eye' for culturally
>deprived types.)

YOU're on the wrong side of the record!  Try the first side first.
"...The horizon's moving up."

L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot  chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

chris@nrcvax.UUCP (Chris Grevstad) (08/16/85)

chabot@miles.DEC (All God's chillun got guns) says:
>...ihnp4!mgnetp!ll1!cej		Llewellyn Jones
>>> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) says:
>>> I always thought that was "He's no fun -- he fell right over!"
>>> 	Chris Grevstad
>>
>>	No, it is "She" as in Betty Joe Beualowksi, though everyone
>>knew her as Nancy.  (From 'Nick Danger - Third Eye' for culturally
>>deprived types.)
>
>YOU're on the wrong side of the record!  Try the first side first.
>"...The horizon's moving up."
>
>L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot  chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

Aha!  Vindication!  Thanks.  Although I would like to run out and buy
this album again (I did used to own it) I find I am a little short on funds.
I appreciate the support of other KNOWLEDGEABLE Firesign Fans out there.

The phrase comes from the OTHER side to Nick Danger, said after two characters
upend a third and then watch him fall right over.

--
	Chris Grevstad
	{sdcsvax,hplabs}!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!chris

	... you see, we are only a computer software programming
		 order of monks...

yrdbrd@bmcg.UUCP (Larry J. Huntley) (08/16/85)

In article <3604@decwrl.UUCP> chabot@miles.DEC (All God's chillun got guns) writes:
>...ihnp4!mgnetp!ll1!cej		Llewellyn Jones
>>> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) says:
>>> I always thought that was "He's no fun -- he fell right over!"
>>> 	Chris Grevstad
>>
>>	No, it is "She" as in Betty Joe Beualowksi, though everyone
>>knew her as Nancy.  (From 'Nick Danger - Third Eye' for culturally
>>deprived types.)
>
>YOU're on the wrong side of the record!  Try the first side first.
>"...The horizon's moving up."
>
>L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot  chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

Actually, if you guys would wake up and go LISTEN to these records instead
of trying to convince us that you HAD HEARD them sometime in the dim past,
you'd find out that the statement is on BOTH sides of that record.  References
to both "he" and "she" are made; "he" on side 1 and "she" on side 2.  As to
the spelling of Nancy's name, I'm holding out for Bioloski.

So there.

"There was a passel of Theosophists down at the end of the bar, raising the
Devil.  They had him about ten feet off the floor, and I could tell by the
red clay on his hooves that he was up to no good."

--
Larry J. Huntley            Burroughs Corporation
                       Advanced Systems Group   MS-703

"The more you drive, the less intelligent you are."

chabot@amber.DEC (All God's chillun got guns) (08/20/85)

From Larry J. Huntley
>>...ihnp4!mgnetp!ll1!cej		Llewellyn Jones
>>>
>>>	No, it is "She" as in Betty Joe Beualowksi, though everyone
>>>knew her as Nancy.  (From 'Nick Danger - Third Eye' for culturally
>>>deprived types.)
>>
>>YOU're on the wrong side of the record!  Try the first side first.
>>"...The horizon's moving up."
>>
>>L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot  chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa
>>
>Actually, if you guys would wake up and go LISTEN to these records instead
>of trying to convince us that you HAD HEARD them sometime in the dim past,
>you'd find out that the statement is on BOTH sides of that record.  References
>to both "he" and "she" are made; "he" on side 1 and "she" on side 2.  As to
>the spelling of Nancy's name, I'm holding out for Bioloski.

If YOU would open your eyes, YOU would see that we were ALL correct.  AND we
were having fun.

So there.

L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot   chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (H. Kissinger) (08/22/85)

In article <1812@reed.UUCP> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) writes:

>Firesign Quiz:  How many other instances of "(He's/She's/It's) no fun,
>(He/She/It) fell right over!" can you name?

Can't think of any offhand, but I do remember Fudd's First Law of Opposition:

	"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over!"

And, of course, Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law:

	"It comes in, it must go out."

AWR

allen@bunker.UUCP (C. Allen Grabert) (08/22/85)

> Firesign Quiz:  How many other instances of "(He's/She's/It's) no fun,
> (He/She/It) fell right over!" can you name?
>
> 				Bart Massey
> 				..tektronix!reed!bart

Well, just from memory (Dr. Memory??) there's the narration on "Bozos"
about a scientist who discovers the "amazing" principle, "If you push
something hard enough, it will fall over," though I think the exact
quote doesn't quite fit the pattern.
--

                     Back on the freeway, which is already in progress,
		     Allen Grabert (...ittatc!bunker!allen)

gamma@ih1ap.UUCP (tontille) (08/22/85)

> Firesign Quiz:  How many other instances of "(He's/She's/It's) no fun,
> (He/She/It) fell right over!" can you name?

	Well, it isn't quite what y'all want, but how about:

	"If you push something hard enough, IT WILL fall down!"

			Key-Man (and the Masters of Technology)

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods) (08/25/85)

> > Firesign Quiz:  How many other instances of "(He's/She's/It's) no fun,
> > (He/She/It) fell right over!" can you name?
> Well, just from memory (Dr. Memory??) there's the narration on "Bozos"
> about a scientist who discovers the "amazing" principle, "If you push
> something hard enough, it will fall over," though I think the exact
> quote doesn't quite fit the pattern.

Fudd's First Law of Opposition:  If you push something hard enough, it will
fall over.

Tesslicle's Deviant to Fudd's Law:  It comes in, it must go out.

Our local Firesign appreciation society has a theory that all the Firesign
records were recorded simultaneously, with the exception of Not Insane, which
is an Index to the other records (without page numbers, however).

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc@MIT-XX.ARPA

You have violated Robots Rules of Order, and will be asked to leave The Future!

judith@proper.UUCP (Judith Abrahms) (08/27/85)

In article <> gamma@ih1ap.UUCP (tontille) writes:

>> Firesign Quiz:  How many other instances of "(He's/She's/It's) no fun,
>> (He/She/It) fell right over!" can you name?
>>

>	Well, it isn't quite what y'all want, but how about:
>
>	"If you push something hard enough, IT WILL fall down!"

A pretty good entry for the LEAST BIZARRE POST COMPETITION... but it's too
concise.