[net.bizarre] Why shouldn't time travel leave you in the same spot?

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/22/85)

In article <20944@apple.UUCP> lsr@apple.UUCP (Larry Rosenstein) writes:
>I don't think that is the right explanation (at least not the
>explanation given in the story).  When the gravity was nullified the
>ball became massless.  Massless things (eg., photons) travel at the
>speed of light, accounting for the ball's velocity.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. MASS IS INDEPENDANT OF
GRAVITY! Massless things (eg nutrinos) do not travel the speed of light
most of the time, and when they do, it's ONLY IN A VACUUM!

Good lord, didn't you go to highschool?

Anyway, I'm routing this to net.bizarre, because it no longer belongs in
net.movies.

F=Ma, Larry.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

from _The_Nth_Psalm_ in _The_Book_of_Fred_

awinterb@udenva.UUCP (Art Winterbauer) (08/27/85)

>This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. MASS IS INDEPENDANT OF
                                                               ^
>GRAVITY! Massless things (eg nutrinos) do not travel the speed| of light
>most of the time, and when they do, it's ONLY IN A VACUUM!    |
>Good lord, didn't you go to highschool? ----------------------+

You mean that place where you're supposed to learn how to spell?