[net.bizarre] Foods that spell trouble

rosen@gypsy.UUCP (08/07/85)

I, like many other health conscious individuals, am concerned about the
ingredients that are found in many of todays common foods.  In an attempt to
make others aware of my concern, I would like to bring to your attention my
observation.

How can you expect to find healthful ingredients in any food which has an
'X', or a 'Z' in it?  In fact, any food which has one of these letters in
its name is most likely harmful to you by virtue of the fact that the name
contains a distasteful letter.  'Come on, let's be serious now, can you
really expect something like 'Cheeze Wiz' to be good for you?  I don't
understand the name anyway, 'Cheeze Wiz' (alias 'Cheese Pump' because the
stuff is most appropriate for being pumped out of large barrels) implies
expedience; what's the hurry?  Any food that gets blown out of a metal can
by an aerosol propellant is not in the same league as alfalfa sprouts and
seaweed.  I also don't like foods that you see in plastic bags that have
names with words in them like, 'Snax', and 'Stix'.  I'm sorry folks, but
something is really wrong here.  If the manufacturer had intended to make
this foods good for you or even just enjoyable, then he wouldn't have put an
'X' in the name.

Boy if people can get others to buy food like this, I know I can get people
to buy my product.  I'm planning to take those styrofoam worm things that
come with various packages and coat them with cheese and sell them. I am
totally convinces that there are people who will buy these things and eat
them. Emhm, yep, I know that people will buy them...

nessus@nsc.UUCP (Kchula-Rrit) (08/12/85)

>Nf-From: gypsy!rosen    Aug  7 11:33:00 1985
>
>I, like many other health conscious individuals, am concerned about the
>ingredients that are found in many of todays common foods.  In an attempt to
>make others aware of my concern, I would like to bring to your attention my
>observation.
>
>...about junk food...
>
>Boy if people can get others to buy food like this, I know I can get people
>to buy my product.  I'm planning to take those styrofoam worm things that
>come with various packages and coat them with cheese and sell them. I am
>totally convinces that there are people who will buy these things and eat
>them. Emhm, yep, I know that people will buy them...

Someone beat you to it.  Frito-Lay(?) has been making Chee-tos for years:-).

				I am not going to sign this...

perelgut@utai.UUCP (Stephen Perelgut) (08/13/85)

Alphabet soup?
--
Stephen Perelgut    Computer Systems Research Institute, University of Toronto

dsn@tove.UUCP (Dana S. Nau) (08/13/85)

>>...about junk food...

Hmm... Anybody know where to get the generic canned "FOOD" and "DRINK" used
in "Repo Man"?
--

Dana S. Nau, Comp Sci Dept, U of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
dsn@maryland	seismo!umcp-cs!dsn	(301) 454-7932

fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) (08/14/85)

    > From: dsn@tove.UUCP (Dana S. Nau)
    > Newsgroups: net.bizarre
    > Subject: Re: Foods that spell trouble
    >
    > Anybody know where to get the generic canned "FOOD" and "DRINK"
    > used in "Repo Man"?

Hey, remember: This is the U of M! Haven't you ever eaten in the dining
halls?
--
All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.

						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
						harpo!seismo!umcp-cs!fred

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/15/85)

In article <320@tove.UUCP> dsn@tove.UUCP (Dana S. Nau) writes:
>Hmm... Anybody know where to get the generic canned "FOOD" and "DRINK" used
>in "Repo Man"?

I think they were props.

I have, however, managed to add BEER and VODKA to my extensive
collection of generic packages. The BEER was the most bizarre, having
been mailed to me in MIT's interdepartmental mail. (The guy taped a note
with my address on it.)

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

knf@druxo.UUCP (FricklasK) (08/27/85)

-> know where to get to generic 'FOOD' and 'DRINK' from Repo Man..

No, but in California they sell 'CHEAP WHITE WINE' and 'CHEAP RED WINE'

  '`'`'
   Ken
  '`'`'