[net.bizarre] More on food longevity

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (08/16/85)

The other day my mother came across a half-eaten chocolate easter bunny.
Rather than even considering eating it, she put it out on the driveway
right under the bird feeder figuring that the squirrels or something would
eat it.

The last two days have been 90+ with this piece of chocolate siting on an
asphalt driveway. Not only has nothing eaten it, it hasn't even shown any
signs of melting!

One wonders what they put in chocolate to keep it from melting.

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

Silly quote:
	Around here we don't have cuisine. We have EATS.

al@psivax.UUCP (Al Schwartz) (08/20/85)

In article <468@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
>The other day my mother came across a half-eaten chocolate easter bunny.
>Rather than even considering eating it, she put it out on the driveway
>right under the bird feeder figuring that the squirrels or something would
>eat it.
>
>The last two days have been 90+ with this piece of chocolate siting on an
>asphalt driveway. Not only has nothing eaten it, it hasn't even shown any
>signs of melting!
>
>One wonders what they put in chocolate to keep it from melting.

As the ad says:
"It melts in your mouth but not in your driveway".
--
                  Al Schwartz
                  Pacesetter Systems Inc., Sylmar, CA

vishniac@wanginst.UUCP (Ephraim Vishniac) (08/26/85)

> In article <468@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
> >The other day my mother came across a half-eaten chocolate easter bunny.
> >Rather than even considering eating it, she put it out on the driveway...
> >
> >The last two days have been 90+ with this piece of chocolate siting on an
> >asphalt driveway. Not only has nothing eaten it, it hasn't even shown any
> >signs of melting!
> >
> >One wonders what they put in chocolate to keep it from melting.

Wax, usually, (see Sandra Boynton's scathing remarks on "Tropical Chocolate")
but that doesn't account for this...

--
Ephraim Vishniac
  [apollo, bbncca, cadmus, decvax, harvard, linus, masscomp]!wanginst!vishniac

fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) (08/28/85)

   > From: vishniac@wanginst.UUCP (Ephraim Vishniac)
   > Newsgroups: net.bizarre
   > Subject: Re: Re: More on food longevity
   >
   > > In article <468@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
   > > The other day my mother came across a half-eaten chocolate
   > > easter bunny. Rather than even considering eating it, she put it
   > > out on the driveway...
   > >
   > > The last two days have been 90+ with this piece of chocolate
   > > siting on an asphalt driveway. Not only has nothing eaten it, it
   > > hasn't even shown any signs of melting!
   > >
   > > One wonders what they put in chocolate to keep it from melting.
   >
   > Wax, usually, (see Sandra Boynton's scathing remarks on "Tropical
   > Chocolate") but that doesn't account for this...

That was a REAL RABBIT! No wonder it didn't melt. Where did your mother
come across it, and what had been eating it, slugs maybe?
--
All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.

						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
						harpo!seismo!umcp-cs!fred