[net.bizarre] Famous disappeared persons

wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (08/13/85)

Here are some people who have disappeared, and some are famous because
of that alone, while some were famous before...

"The Man Who Walked Around The Horses" (German or middle-European Baron
[or other nobleman] who vanished from human ken at a post-stop in the
17th or 18th century or so...

Amelia Earhart

Jimmy Hoffa

Judge Crater (who was this person, and why did anyone care if he
vanished?)

Ambrose Bierce

Feel free to add to the list...

kaufman@uiucdcs.Uiuc.ARPA (08/21/85)

D. B. Cooper
Josef Mengele

wjr@x.UUCP (Bill Richard) (08/28/85)

In article <680@brl-tgr.ARPA> wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) writes:
>Here are some people who have disappeared, and some are famous because
>of that alone, while some were famous before...
>
>"The Man Who Walked Around The Horses" (German or middle-European Baron
>[or other nobleman] who vanished from human ken at a post-stop in the
>17th or 18th century or so...

If I remember correctly his name was Benjamin Bathurst(sp?) an English
diplomat traveling in somewhere in central Europe.

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (08/28/85)

My 2-1/2 year old niece, Sally Ann.

Whoops, my mistake... she's hiding behind the stereo speakers.  Sorry about
the false alarm.

                "I'd never marry a woman who didn't like pizza...
                "I might play golf with her, but I wouldn't marry her."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb1, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty