[net.bizarre] Complete list of people who are not on the net.

sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) (07/30/85)

A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for reference.

1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
2) Copernicus
3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
4) Huey Lewis
5) Sir Edmund Hillary
6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
   with the blue shirt.

That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.

cagordon@watnot.UUCP (Chris A. Gordon) (07/31/85)

In article <2266@watcgl.UUCP> sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) writes:
>6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
>   with the blue shirt.

Oh...you mean the very intelligent looking guy over there? Oh yes, I see him.

nyssa@abnji.UUCP (nyssa of traken) (07/31/85)

>A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for reference.
>
>1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
>2) Copernicus
>3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
>4) Huey Lewis
>5) Sir Edmund Hillary
>6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
>   with the blue shirt.
>
>That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.

Some additions:

7) Mikhail Gorbachev (moskvax went down & is waiting for DEC service)
8) General Idi Amin Dada
9) General Patton
10) Lillian Armstrong
--
James C Armstrong, Jnr.   ihnp4!abnji!nyssa

Armstrong c Wheeler b Ash			1 (rats)

skipt@inuxm.UUCP (M Tourville) (08/01/85)

> A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for reference.
>
> 1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
> 2) Copernicus
> 3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
> 4) Huey Lewis
> 5) Sir Edmund Hillary
> 6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
>    with the blue shirt.
>
> That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.

You left out the guy in the blue shirt--

ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) (08/01/85)

Here are some additions

1) Jerry Lewis
2) Clint Eastwood
3) Bozo the Clown (No Bozos! Get it?)
4) Sid Vicious
--

Robert A. Novo				"Captain! They put creatures
AT&T Bell Labs				 in our ears! They made us say

mfs@mhuxr.UUCP (SIMON) (08/01/85)

> Here are some additions
>
> 1) Jerry Lewis
> 2) Clint Eastwood
> 3) Bozo the Clown (No Bozos! Get it?)
> 4) Sid Vicious

A few more:
1) Leonard, the talking frog
2) Fonzie
3) Nabih Berri
4) Charo

Marcel Simon

andie@cvl.UUCP (Diane Donaldson) (08/02/85)

> Here are some additions....
>
> 1) Jerry Lewis
> 2) Clint Eastwood
> 3) Bozo the Clown (No Bozos! Get it?)
> 4) Sid Vicious
> --

I have a clownfish named Sid Fishous...and the moral of that
story is, never have a fish-naming contest at a party.

					Diane Donaldson
					...seismo!cvl!andie

gamma@ih1ap.UUCP (tontille) (08/02/85)

> A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for reference.
>
> 1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
> 2) Copernicus
> 3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
> 4) Huey Lewis
> 5) Sir Edmund Hillary
> 6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
>    with the blue shirt.
>
> That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.

X) My Boss.

		Key-Man (and the Masters of Technology)

bamford@ihuxw.UUCP (h. bamford) (08/03/85)

> A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for reference.

You forgot me!  I don't have access to the net!
--

				Harold Bamford
				AT&T Bell Labs

bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) (08/04/85)

> 2) Clint Eastwood
	Actually, Clint Eastwood is the net.  Look in one of the
mac newsgroups (fa.info-mac?) for details...

					Reed's Clone of Rambo,
					..tektronix!reed!bart Massey

	'She's no fun -- she fell right over!'
			-Firesign Theatre

mcdonald@sask.UUCP (Shane McDonald) (08/05/85)

> In article <2266@watcgl.UUCP> sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) writes:
> >6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
> >   with the blue shirt.
>
> Oh...you mean the very intelligent looking guy over there? Oh yes, I see him.

Sorry, guys.  He IS on the net.  You've got him confused with his
identical twin brother.
--
Shane McDonald
(ihnp4!sask!mcdonald)

trudel@topaz.ARPA (Jon) (08/05/85)

Here's a few I know of:
1) The guy who lives under the stairs
2) Stymie
3) The kid from Wargames (thank God!)
4) Bert Convy
5) Kate Bush (unless Doug really is Kate in drag/vice versa.  I mean, really!
	      Ever see the two of them together?  I bet a lot of you haven't,
	      and I'm beginning to have my doubts...)
6) Me (oops...nobody tell, ok?)

What about people who SHOULD be on the net?  Here're some-

1) Penguin Opus
2) The inventor of Ziploc (tm) storage bags
3) Kenny the Gardener
4) Tom Carvel
5) Voltron, defender of the Universe
6) Andy Warhol

Ziploc may or may not be a trademark of somebody, I think.

Me is a product of the Mom & Dad Corp.  Any duplicate, printed copy,
clone or other reproduction is forbidden without the expressed written consent
of either Mr. or Mrs. Trudel.  All rights reserved for when there are no lefts.
--

					   Jonathan D. Trudel
					arpa:trudel@ru-blue.arpa

smc@mit-vax.UUCP (Stewart M. Clamen) (08/05/85)

In article <2266@watcgl.UUCP> sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) writes:
>6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
>   with the blue shirt.

	Hey, what ABOUT the guy in the blue shirt.  Didn't he used to
be on the net, but left in disgust, or does he just look like the
person I'm thinking of.

ARPA: SMC%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
USENET: ...!decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!smc%mit-oz

bob@cadovax.UUCP (Bob "Kat" Kaplan) (08/05/85)

>> 1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
>> 2) Copernicus
>> 3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
>> 4) Huey Lewis
>> 5) Sir Edmund Hillary
>> 6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
>>    with the blue shirt.
>>
>> That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.

>You left out the guy in the blue shirt--

No he didn't.  I'm the guy in the blue shirt, and I'm on the net.

--
Bob Kaplan

"No gift is too great for my people."

chris@nrcvax.UUCP (Chris Grevstad) (08/05/85)

bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) says:
>	'She's no fun -- she fell right over!'
>			-Firesign Theatre

I always thought that was "He's no fun -- he fell right over!"

--
	Chris Grevstad
	{sdcsvax,hplabs}!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!chris

	... you see, we are only a computer software programming
		 order of monks...

eric@plus5.UUCP (Eric W. Kiebler) (08/07/85)

Opus is most certainly on the net.  In fact, here are a few words from his
conservative beak right now --

 io asm, onm thje4 mnm4eyt,. sdok tyhje4rte4./

See, I told you!  (Sorry about the typing mistakes, but OPII BIGGUS
SCHNOZOLUS, or "The common hefty-nosed penguin" has a most hefty nose
indeed, and, well, he had a few drinks which didn't help any and, and,
this is most certainly not a penguin-friendly keyboard).

eric

--

------------------
..!ihnp4!plus5!eric			"Didn't your mom teach you to

kevin@voder.UUCP (The Last Bugfighter) (08/07/85)

> Here are some additions....
>
> 1) Jerry Lewis
> 2) Clint Eastwood
> 3) Bozo the Clown (No Bozos! Get it?)
> 4) Sid Vicious

   I was at this party last weekend and Cheryl Ladd and Morgan Fairchild
said that they're not on the net either.  I couldn't ask Victoria Princible,
though, cause she spent all evening in the spa.

---
Kevin Thompson   {ucbvax,ihnp4!nsc}!voder!kevin

"It's sort of a threat, you see.  I've never been very good at them
  myself but I'm told they can be very effective."

boyce@daemen.UUCP (Doug Boyce) (08/07/85)

> => A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for reference.
> => 1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
> => 2) Copernicus
> => 3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
> => 4) Huey Lewis
> => 5) Sir Edmund Hillary
> => 6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
> =>    with the blue shirt.
> =>
> => That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.
>
> 7.  Sid Vicious
8) Ronold Reagan
9) My unborn child
10) Marty McFly
11) Jackie Gleason
12) Robbie the Robot (though a likeness of him is)
13) Mr. Vax
--

Doug Boyce   Daemen College, Amherst NY

UUCP : {decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath,rocksvax}!sunybcs!daemen!boyce
ARPA : boyce%buffalo@csnet-relay or boyce%daemen.uucp%buffalo@csnet-relay

     "If my calculations are correct, when the car hits eighty-eight
	  miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious shit!"

connolly@steinmetz.UUCP (C. Ian Connolly) (08/07/85)

It's quite possible that neither Zippy the Pinhead nor General
Charles DeGaulle are on Usenet.  Does anyone have further information
on this?
--
C. Ian Connolly, WA2IFI - USENET: ...edison!steinmetz!connolly
	   ,      ,	  ARPANET: connolly@ge-crd

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) (08/09/85)

> <*munch*>
> => A complete list of people who do not have access to USENET. Save for
> => reference.
> =>
> => 1) Ted Giannoulas, the "San Diego Chicken".
> => 2) Copernicus
> => 3) Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis
> => 4) Huey Lewis
> => 5) Sir Edmund Hillary
> => 6) The guy standing over there - see him? standing next to the guy
> =>    with the blue shirt.
> => That's about it.  I can't think of any others.  Additions welcome.
>
> 7.  Sid Vicious
> Helen Anne

8. Mr Bill, isn't on the net, but he did get squashed by my terminal, and he
            is still there, I think.
--
 [ I bought a ticket to the world,
                              But now I've come back again - Spandau Ballet ]

andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) (08/09/85)

In article <760@cadovax.UUCP> bob@cadovax.UUCP (Bob "Kat" Kaplan) writes:
>>....>> ....
>>You left out the guy in the blue shirt--
>No he didn't.  I'm the guy in the blue shirt, and I'm on the net.
>--
>Bob Kaplan

Welcome Back.  Say hello to Gabe, Boom-Boom, Vinny, and Julie for me.
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,cmcl2,vax135}!cornell!devvax!andy
ARPA:	andy%devvax@Cornell.arpa
MAIL:	Theory Center/265 Olin Hall   "What do you mean
	Cornell University             I watch too much
	Ithaca, NY  14853              TV?"
PHONE:	(607) 256-8686

tomfi@tekig4.UUCP (Tom Fitzpatrick) (08/10/85)

In article <536@grkermi.UUCP> andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) writes:
>> Here are some additions
>>
>> 1) Jerry Lewis
>> 2) Clint Eastwood
>> 3) Bozo the Clown (No Bozos! Get it?)
>> 4) Sid Vicious
>
>I don't know if Sid is on the net or not (I don't see "hell" on the list of
>sites), but someone apparantly remembers him fondly:
>
>We dragged our defunct hot water tank out to the street last night so the
>trashmen could haul it away... and overnight, someone had spray-painted
>
>		SID
>	       LIVES
>		!!!
>
>AWR

	Actually, the practice of spray-painting "SID LIVES" on large
cylindrical objects was originated by a fraternity brother of mine (who's name
is Sid, and is also not on the net) at MIT. It began the night he discovered
that he had been asked by the school not to come back ever again, since he had
passed only a total of 2 classes his freshman year (0 first semester, 2 second
semester). He and some others of us got drunk and went on a "graffiti spree"
on the Harvard Bridge, which was (and still is) full of traffic control
barrels to close off the outer 2 lanes so that the bridge doesn't collapse.
From there, it naturally spread to the suburbs of Boston, and other areas.

	You may think this explanation is probably too "normal" (subjective
term) for net.bizarre, but believe me, if you knew this guy, you would agree
that this explanation belongs here.

					The Spitzer

What are you saying?
That I'm redundant?
That I repeat myself?
That I keep saying the same thing
over and over?

allen@bunker.UUCP (C. Allen Grabert) (08/13/85)

> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) says:
> >	'She's no fun -- she fell right over!'
> >			-Firesign Theatre
>
> I always thought that was "He's no fun -- he fell right over!"
> 	Chris Grevstad

No, no, no, you don't understand radio.  'He's no fun...' is said by
the guys who are doing the foxtrot in Babe's(?) car, whereas 'She's
no fun...' is said by Nick Danger, which prompts Nick to then say,
'Wait a minute; didn't I say that line on the other side of the record?
Where am I?  I'd better check.'  He then listens to part of the other
side of the record (backwards, of course) and concludes, 'It's OK;
they're speaking Chinese.'  Seriously, for people who like bizarreness
(that includes anyone who's posted here by definition), check out
Firesign Theater.  These quotes (and my signature line) come from
"How Can You Be in Two Places at Once (When You're Not Anywhere at
All)".
--

                     Back on the freeway, which is already in progress,
		     Allen Grabert (...ittatc!bunker!allen)

vohra@ut-sally.UUCP (Pavan Vohra) (08/16/85)

In article <454@lasspvax.UUCP> andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) writes:
>>>....>> ....
>>>You left out the guy in the blue shirt--
>>No he didn't.  I'm the guy in the blue shirt, and I'm on the net.
>>--
>>Bob Kaplan
>
>Welcome Back.  Say hello to Gabe, Boom-Boom, Vinny, and Julie for me.

Hey, don't forget Whore-shack...

--
						Pavan Vohra
				{ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!vohra

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (09/02/85)

In article <> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods) writes:
>Does anyone out there want me to post my Zippy-sayings database program?
>
>--
>John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
>...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc@MIT-XX.ARPA

Yes.