[net.bizarre] Speaking of pizzas....

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Latitudinarian Lobster) (08/28/85)

> Anyone tried Tombstone Pizza yet?  I saw an ad for them not too
> long ago, but can't remember if they were supposed to be in the
> Bay Area or over by Sacramento.  (You remember, where Ronnie used
> to work.)  Can't imagine how they came up with that name.  Yum!

Sure!  It was a staple food for me as a first year grad student.
Just your basic frozen pizza at a good price.  Bizarre name, tho.

allen@bunker.UUCP (C. Allen Grabert) (08/28/85)

Speaking of pizzas, in Westport, CT. there is an S & M Pizza...
(Makes you wonder how they knead their dough...)
--

                     Back on the freeway, which is already in progress,
		     Allen Grabert (...ittatc!bunker!allen)

jad@lanl.ARPA (08/29/85)

My favorite bizarre pizza was one that we built at the restaurant where I
worked for about two years. It was supposed to go to the local Taco Grunties
place who had a habit of cheating us on food trades.

We cut one of the cardboard circles into slices, placed it between layers
of dough and then continued normally from there.

We didn't trade food after that... But we were happy.

pooh@ut-sally.UUCP (Pooh @ Communist Martyrs High) (08/29/85)

My favorite hamburger drive-through was spotted
in California:  IN 'N' OUT BURGER.

(oh baby)

Pooh

pooh@purdue-ecn.ARPA     pur-ee!pooh
[pooh@cb.purdue.edu]

chrise@ihlpl.UUCP (Chris Edmonds) (08/29/85)

> Anyone tried Tombstone Pizza yet?  I saw an ad for them not too
> long ago, but can't remember if they were supposed to be in the
> Bay Area or over by Sacramento.  (You remember, where Ronnie used
> to work.)  Can't imagine how they came up with that name.  Yum!

Tombstone Pizzas are made in Wisconsin (at least their first plant
is there).  They are frozen as hard as you know what and taste like
every other frozen pizza I've ever eaten...soggy cardboard covered
with colored preservatives.

Chris Edmonds @ lunch @ AT&T - something or other, Naperville, Il
Yeah, I know..this isn't even close to bizzare, send your flames to
the original author....NO..AT&T is not endorsing pizza either!!!!

hav@dual.UUCP (Not Sid Vicious) (08/29/85)

<*munch*>

=> Speaking of pizzas, in Westport, CT. there is an S & M Pizza...
=> (Makes you wonder how they knead their dough...)
=> --
=>
=>                      Back on the freeway, which is already in progress,
=> 		     Allen Grabert (...ittatc!bunker!allen)

In Seattle there are two corner grocery stores by the name of S&M Market.
They sell t-shirts with their logo, but nobody believes me when I'm wearing
mine and I tell them that the store really sells mundane things like Cheerios
and strawberries and soap.  The shirt went over really well at the Dead
Kennedys show last night, though.

Helen Anne

     {ucbvax,ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs,decwrl,unisoft,fortune,sun,nsc}!dual!hav

"J. Frank Parnell."
"Ott . . . Otto."
"Do you ever feel as if your mind had started to erode?"

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) (08/30/85)

A really bizarre pizza has pineapple and Canadian bacon on it.
It actually tastes GOOD and I understand it's a pretty popular
thing in places like Hawaii.

--

"Time flies...    when you're asleep."

From the bizarre fingers of
       Shelli Meyers
UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!sam
ARPA: sam%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) (08/30/85)

    > From: allen@bunker.UUCP (C. Allen Grabert)
    > Newsgroups: net.bizarre
    >
    > Speaking of pizzas, in Westport, CT. there is an S & M Pizza...
    > (Makes you wonder how they knead their dough...)

At Prince George's Plaza in Prince George's County, Md., there's the
``S & M Gift Shop''. You figure it out.
--
All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.

						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
						seismo!umcp-cs!fred

kaufman@uiucdcs.Uiuc.ARPA (08/30/85)

[Repeat after me:  I will not write, "This is not bizarre, but ..."]

> Speaking of pizzas, in Westport, CT. there is an S & M Pizza...
> (Makes you wonder how they knead their dough...)

And to thicken the plot, just a couple doors down is The Tack Room, whose
merchandise features, among other things, riding crops.

Across the street, there's a pet shop where one can pick up hamsters.

Ken Kaufman (uiucdcs!kaufman)
"I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue,
 than spend one more minute with you."

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (08/31/85)

> My favorite hamburger drive-through was spotted
> in California:  IN 'N' OUT BURGER.

The best thing about the burger chain is their bumper stickers.
It looks like this:

		       __________________
		       |   IN 'N' OUT   |
		       |     BURGER     |
		       |________________|

Most (all) people take a pair of sicissors and cut off the B and last R.

thiel@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Stephen W. Thiel) (08/31/85)

Some people!...

> Tombstone Pizzas are made in Wisconsin (at least their first plant
> is there).  They are frozen as hard as you know what and taste like
> every other frozen pizza I've ever eaten...soggy cardboard covered
> with colored preservatives.

You obviously never learned about the fine art of frozen-pizza-eating!
You take the frozen pizza OFF the cardboard before cooking and eating
it.  The pizza (sic) itself is more like paste than cardboard.  That is,
unless you overcook it, in which case it's more like low-impact plastic.

--

                                         Steve Thiel
                               ...ihnp4!ut-ngp!thiel

Wer sie nicht kennte die Elemente,
Ihre Kraft und Eigenschaft,
Waere kein Meister ueber die Geister.

hosking@convexs.UUCP (09/01/85)

> And to thicken the plot, just a couple doors down is The Tack Room, whose
> merchandise features, among other things, riding crops.
>
> Across the street, there's a pet shop where one can pick up hamsters.

But where can you find the duct tape ???

ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) (09/02/85)

In article <550@wjvax.UUCP> ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) writes:

>Anyone tried Tombstone Pizza yet?  I saw an ad for them not too
>to work.)  Can't imagine how they came up with that name.  Yum!
>
>(Gag)

Tombstone Pizzas have been available in Minnesota for years and years.
I believe the name comes from the primary ingredient, which is
reported to be thinly sliced headstones from some of the really ritz
grave yards in central Iowa.  The headstones (or crusts, as they are
affectionately called) are sliced and then cut into a rough circle.
They they are coated with a tomato sauce made from some of the finest
red clay available anywhere in the world, and quick frozen for your
supermarket.

Remember folks, with a name like Tombstone, it's gotta be heavy.

--

Shane P. McCarron
Minnesota Educational Computing Corporation - Technical Services

UUCP	ihnp4!dicomed!meccts!ahby

bruce@cher.UUCP (bruce stewart) (09/07/85)

In article <2342@ut-ngp.UTEXAS> thiel@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Stephen W. Thiel) writes:

>Some people!...
>
>> Tombstone Pizzas are made in Wisconsin (at least their first plant
>> is there).  They are frozen as hard as you know what and taste like
>> every other frozen pizza I've ever eaten...soggy cardboard covered
>> with colored preservatives.
>
>You obviously never learned about the fine art of frozen-pizza-eating!
>You take the frozen pizza OFF the cardboard before cooking and eating
>it.  The pizza (sic) itself is more like paste than cardboard.  That is,
>unless you overcook it, in which case it's more like low-impact plastic.
>
>--
>
>                                         Steve Thiel
>                               ...ihnp4!ut-ngp!thiel
>
>Wer sie nicht kennte die Elemente,
>Ihre Kraft und Eigenschaft,
>Waere kein Meister ueber die Geister.

REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR PIZZA! ******

NO, NO, NO!!!! -- Eat the cardboard.  The hell with the pizza.

ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) (09/08/85)

In article <614@bu-cs.UUCP> sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) writes:
>A really bizarre pizza has pineapple and Canadian bacon on it.

At Godfathers Pizza you can get a deep dish pizza with saurkraut on it.
Yecch!

--

jbtubman@water.UUCP (Jim Tubman [LPAIG]) (09/08/85)

> A really bizarre pizza has pineapple and Canadian bacon on it.
> It actually tastes GOOD and I understand it's a pretty popular
> thing in places like Hawaii.
>
>        Shelli Meyers

A pretty standard pizza in Saskatoon; it is almost always called a
"Hawaiian" pizza.  But why do people eat it?  You make ice cream sundaes out
of pinapple, not pizzas!  Do people put chocolate or marshmallow or nuts on
pizzas?  Of course not.

One of the pizza places in Toronto once had FRUIT pizzas -- with the usual
tomato sauce and cheese.  Apparently they were popular amongst extremely
intoxicated people.  That's bizarre.

(By the way, the best pizza on the planet is made by Science Fiction Pizza
in Saskatoon.)

						Jim Tubman
						University of Waterloo