[net.bizarre] Wombats? Yucko!

wjr@x.UUCP (Bill Richard) (09/06/85)

<It ain't the line eater I'm scared of!>

This is STella (via decvax!frog!wjr).  I'm a guest here.

In article <777@mcnc.mcnc.UUCP> bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron Howes) writes:

>Fred the Death Wombat wants to talk to you about that.

Weeeeeeeeeeooooooooooh!  Sounds like a mean mother!

But what is a wombat, anyway?  Why are they used?  And on whom?  By analogy
with cricketbats and baseball bats, I have the general idea, but a little more
information would be helpful.

Most specially, how do I protect myself from them?

				STella Calvert
				(guest on ...!decvax!frog!wjr)

		Every man and every woman is a star.

fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) (09/07/85)

  > From: wjr@x.UUCP (Bill Richard)
  > Date: Fri, 6-Sep-85 00:12:21 EDT
  >
  > This is STella (via decvax!frog!wjr).  I'm a guest here.
  >
  > . . . But what is a wombat, anyway?  Why are they used?  And on whom?
  > By analogy with cricketbats and baseball bats, I have the general idea,
  > but a little more information would be helpful.

They're almost, but not entirely, unlike tennis clubs.
--
All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.

						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
						seismo!umcp-cs!fred

crandell@ut-sally.UUCP (Jim Crandell) (09/09/85)

>  > . . . But what is a wombat, anyway?  Why are they used?  And on whom?
>  > By analogy with cricketbats and baseball bats, I have the general idea,
>  > but a little more information would be helpful.
>
>They're almost, but not entirely, unlike tennis clubs.

Now, I don't know about that.  Once I ran across a tennis club that
actually was almost.  I really prefer golf rackets, though, except that
most of them are not quite.
--

    Jim Crandell, C. S. Dept., The University of Texas at Austin
               {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!crandell

bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron Howes) (09/09/85)

In article <555@x.UUCP> wjr@x.UUCP (STella Calvert) writes:

>But what is a wombat, anyway?  Why are they used?  And on whom?  By analogy
>with cricketbats and baseball bats, I have the general idea, but a little more
>information would be helpful.

Wombats are used for Womball, obviously, but only if you are wearing full
armor.

>Most specially, how do I protect myself from them?

A little something like a handfull of peanuts or a fifth of Curvoisier is often
helpful.
--

						Byron C. Howes
				      ...!{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!bch