[net.bizarre] Re; Net.bizarre Official Animal

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (08/25/85)

In article <3313@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jon) writes:
>I say we adopt the Guar as the Net animal, much in the same fashion
>that New York has a state insect.  What about it?

Sorry, Jon, but I have to look backwards at the long and rather violent
nature of the WOMBAT on the net, and ask that it be made into the
net.bizarre animal.  It's history over the last year has been particularly
bizarre, and I must place credit where credit is due and give my sterling
vote to da WOMBAT.

Plus, one of the little buggers has a gun nudging my ribs...

         "Is that how a warped brain like
          your's gets its kicks? By planning the
          deaths of innocent people?"
                                "No... by *causing* the deaths of innocent
                                 people."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb1, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
<*> DISCLAIMER: Do what you want to me, but leave my employers alone! <*>

bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron Howes) (08/27/85)

In article <2577@vax4.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) writes:
>In article <3313@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jon) writes:
>>I say we adopt the Guar as the Net animal, much in the same fashion
>>that New York has a state insect.  What about it?
>
>Sorry, Jon, but I have to look backwards at the long and rather violent
>nature of the WOMBAT on the net, and ask that it be made into the
>net.bizarre animal.  It's history over the last year has been particularly
>bizarre, and I must place credit where credit is due and give my sterling
>vote to da WOMBAT.

I vote with Jeff.  The WOMBAT has a long and venerable history on the
net must be givin priority (Especially Fred the Death Wombat, right
Fred?)
--

						Byron C. Howes
				      ...!{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!bch

trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jon) (08/28/85)

Ok,Ok, so maybe I'm too new to the net, but how did the Wombat get the
distinction of being the Net.animal???
--

					   Jonathan D. Trudel
					arpa:trudel@ru-blue.arpa

wombat@ccvaxa.UUCP (09/07/85)

If you think wombats are cute, you've obviously never seen a wombat. My
friendly neighborhood bug-eyed monster is quite fond of reminding me how
homely wombats are.

And unless this notesfile starts getting really BIZARRE, I sure don't want
to be associated with it.

And the obligatory bizarre note: According to Will Cuppy, Tibetans drink
thirty to fifty cups of buttered tea a day. The tea is made from brick tea,
parched barley meal, salt, soda, rancid Yak butter, and germs.

"When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all."
				Roger Zelazny, *Doorways in the Sand*

						Wombat
					ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!wombat

george@sysvis (09/11/85)

[...]

I remember something about hamsters ... just can't call it back right now.

Did it have to do with duct tape or what?   Whose hamsters were they?

Nice little bizarre animals though, just the item for mascots (mess cots?).