[net.bizarre] Let's kill this newsgroup

long@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) (09/08/85)

What could be more bizarre than having this newsgroup commit suicide?  If we
all send out a 'rmgroup' message at some specified time, thus removing this
group, we will accomplish the most bizarre thing it net history.  Not only
will a group have been removed, it will also have done so courtesy of its most
loyal readers.
							Dave Long
--
{hplabs,fortune,idi,ihnp4,tolerant,allegra,tymix}!oliveb!long

crandell@ut-sally.UUCP (Jim Crandell) (09/09/85)

In article <592@oliveb.UUCP> long@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) writes:
>What could be more bizarre than having this newsgroup commit suicide?  If we
>all send out a 'rmgroup' message at some specified time, thus removing this
>group, we will accomplish the most bizarre thing it net history.  Not only
>will a group have been removed, it will also have done so courtesy of its most
>loyal readers.

Wait, don't tell me -- you used to live in Jamestown, right?
--

    Jim Crandell, C. S. Dept., The University of Texas at Austin
               {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!crandell

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (09/15/85)

>From: fbp@cybvax0.UUCP (Rick Peralta)
>
>In article <592@oliveb.UUCP> long@oliveb.UUCP (Dave Long) writes:
>>What could be more bizarre than having this newsgroup commit suicide?
>
>That is fine by me, just so long as it is back the next day.

Reminds me of the history of net.bizarre:

First it was accidentally created.

Then a net guru said it was bogus and sent out an rmgroup, so we removed
it.

Then someone would post a "save net.bizarre" message cross-posted to
net.bizarre. Guess what, net.bizarre was back!

This happened a couple of times until net.bizarre was officially created.

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

	"Are we gonna be starcrossed lovers or just good friends?"