[net.bizarre] net.bizarre articles on roadsigns

fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) (09/14/85)

Forwarded Message:

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>

What really bothers me, Fred is those signs you find near construction
areas.  I mean here are all these guys sweating and hard at work and
you get really impressed by all this progress going on (o.k. - you do
get a little peeved by the traffic jams sometimes caused) and then you
get near the end and some ANARCHIST(!!!!) has put up a sign saying:

			---------------------------
                        |                         |
                        |          E N D          |
                        |                         |
                        | C O N S T R U C T I O N |
			|                         |
                        ---------------------------

Where does this group come from.  I've also seen thier handy work right
outside of town limits with those signs that say - "End Town Maintenance"

If we didn't have construction of town maintenance things would get
decrepit and dirty and OLD !!!!  I'd just like to meet one of these
jackasses so I can punch his commie lights out !!!!

Take heart, because usually near this signs are counter-signs which
say "Start Construction"

-Jim

--
All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.

						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
						seismo!umcp-cs!fred

fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) (09/14/85)

  > From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
  >
  > What really bothers me, Fred is those signs you find near
  > construction areas.  I mean here are all these guys sweating and
  > hard at work and you get really impressed by all this progress
  > going on (o.k. - you do get a little peeved by the traffic jams
  > sometimes caused) and then you get near the end and some
  > ANARCHIST(!!!!) has put up a sign saying: END CONSTRUCTION . . .

You think THAT's bad? What about all those ``EXIT'' signs over the
doors of theatres and restaurants? You see them everywhere there's
likely to be a large group of people gathered.  Who is it who wants us
to leave as soon as we get there?

Personally, I think it's space aliens who are trying to keep us humans
from organizing and plotting against them.

Have you noticed that they sometimes screw up and print the letter
``T'' upside down, but print the other three letters right side up?
--
All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.

						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
						seismo!umcp-cs!fred

lanin@csd2.UUCP (Vladimir Lanin) (09/17/85)

[:-(]

Another sign found at the start of construction areas (at least in
some particularly unpopulated parts ow Wyoming) is

			/\
		      /    \
                    / AVOID  \
                  /            \
                /     BROKEN     \
                \                /
                  \ WINDSHIELD /
                    \        /
                      \    /
                        \/

I regret to say that it usually has a speed limit sign under it,
which ruins the effect

V.L.

knight@nmtvax.UUCP (09/19/85)

Another sign, found outside (and facing outside) the entrance to a
schoolyard in Socorro, NM, is:

			|  Entrance |
			|    Only   |

 (Think about it)