[net.bizarre] Bizarre Pet Names

slb@drutx.UUCP (Sue Brezden) (09/12/85)

>Anyone know of any really bizarre names people call their pets?

It wasn't real bizarre, but did sound sort of funny--we had a friend
who named his dog Cocaine.  It was fun to stand around while he called
it and watch the neighbors stare.

My cats are Stinky, Tiny, Phantom, Hiril, and Elliot Slippers.  Nothing
bizarre there.

>Especially bizarre pets?

The most bizarre pets I knew were the snakes (especially cobras) a
friend used to keep.  But he didn't name them.  He said it was silly
to do so since snakes can't hear anyway.

By the way, he found a great way to get rid of people.  He was being
plagued by door-to-door preachers of the Jehovah's Witness variety.
He came to the door once wearing his 11-foot boa constrictor.  He said
that the man and woman were really nice, didn't even mention his
necklace--but they NEVER returned.

--

                                     Sue Brezden

Real World: Room 1B17                Net World: ihnp4!drutx!slb
            AT&T Information Systems
            11900 North Pecos
            Westminster, Co. 80234
            (303)538-3829

        Your god may be dead, but mine aren't.

bet@security.UUCP (Bevette E. Davis) (09/12/85)

>Anyone know of any really bizarre names people call their pets?

My sister had a siamese cat named Mother F*cker.
It got really embarassing when she called him in in the morning.

sra@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) (09/13/85)

< Strange but true ... >

I knew someone who had a pair of cats named Mostacioli and Fettucini.
He got them from someone who, apparently, liked pasta.

				Scott Anderson
				ihnp4!oddjob!kaos!sra

brig@drutx.UUCP (BrighamD) (09/21/85)

From brig Fri Sep 20 19:56 MDT 1985
Subject: reply command failed

no 'To:' line

Your letter follows:
> I heard of a guy who had two dogs.

> One was named "Get Down".
> The other was named "You Heard Me".
> --

> aMAZon @ AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL; ihnp4!ihuxf!features

I had a neighbor who had two dogs.

One was name Dog.
The other was named Jesus.
It was more than a little odd to hear him call the 2 of them

			Dan Brigham
			ihnp4!drutx!brig

hartmann@siemens.UUCP (09/24/85)

     I knew someone who eventually named his cat "dammit".  He had the
     cat for about three weeks and couldn't decide what to name it.
     Well, the cat was a bit frisky and after yelling "Dammit, get out
     of there" or "No, dammit!", he finally decided to name the cat
     dammit.